M-8 Oil Migration issues

Will there ever be a true fix until there are hundreds of blown engines? Just wondering out loud here.:Shrug::Shrug::Shrug:

Will there ever be a true fix until there are hundreds of blown engines? Just wondering out loud here.:Shrug::Shrug::Shrug:

Don't know about the engines 'But somewhere down the line it can't help the bearing's in the trans...And if someone unknowingly keeps on adding trans fluid , then at some point there gos the clutch,,..

I don't think Harley really cares. Back in the early 90's I was lookin to buy a new harley. Was goin for a month to the west coast. I wanted to see how the then new evo motor was holdin up. So I did alot of bike meets back then. Couldn't find hardley any new harleys with more than 7500 miles on them. Two year old goldwings with 60 to 70000 miles but no harleys. So point is maybe people don't put enough miles on and they think they can just nurse the problem till they're out of warranty. Being everyting is in there computer today I'm sure they know how many miles the average Joe puts on and I bet its not much. Sure they're high milage examples but is that the norm? I bought an exercise bike years ago it was a cheaply made piece of junk. When I researched it I found they only built them to last about 3 months. The average person loses interest about that time and doesn't use it anymore. So maybe Harley harley bean counters figure the best solution is do nothing. And of course the aftermarket may come up with a fix.

If you look at the board of directors for Harley i would lay money not one of them ride. I think Harley is looking at the Euro market more than the core base here in the states,and I think that trike riders put on more average miles than most 2 wheel riders not that there aren't those that ride two wheels that do ride a lot. The most popular HD is the Street Glide and lots of those are used for more local riding than long distance.So there may be a lot more out there that are loosing trans oil but they are not ridden enough miles a year too tell.I can say this ,its not just a trike issue a guy at work has a 18 Road Glide that is having this issue,the shop he bought it at supposedly told him that there is nothing they can do just keep an eye on the trans oil level.

If you look at the board of directors for Harley i would lay money not one of them ride. I think Harley is looking at the Euro market more than the core base here in the states,and I think that trike riders put on more average miles than most 2 wheel riders not that there aren't those that ride two wheels that do ride a lot. The most popular HD is the Street Glide and lots of those are used for more local riding than long distance.So there may be a lot more out there that are loosing trans oil but they are not ridden enough miles a year too tell.I can say this ,its not just a trike issue a guy at work has a 18 Road Glide that is having this issue,the shop he bought it at supposedly told him that there is nothing they can do just keep an eye on the trans oil level.

My dealer told me 3 months ago that he has at least 4 that are doing it [Not just trikes] and suspects that a lot more are doing it but the owners for one reason or another don't know it.... And all Harley says is why ''Worry'' , Just bring it in to any Harley dealer every thousand miles and he will level out the fluids and you'll be good for another thousand miles.. :mad:

My dealer told me 3 months ago that he has at least 4 that are doing it [Not just trikes] and suspects that a lot more are doing it but the owners for one reason or another don't know it.... And all Harley says is why ''Worry'' , Just bring it in to any Harley dealer every thousand miles and he will level out the fluids and you'll be good for another thousand miles.. :mad:

So we should not trust our bikes or trikes more than 1K miles at a time?

This is crazy talk

According to the MOCO bulletin even Twin Cams as far back as 2014 with hydraulic clutches can migrate tranny fluid

Shameful way to run a company

Don't know about the engines 'But somewhere down the line it can't help the bearing's in the trans...And if someone unknowingly keeps on adding trans fluid , then at some point there gos the clutch,,..

Oh. I thought the problem was oil getting sucked from the engine. Shows you how much I watch Harley stuff now.:clapping: At any rate, something somewhere is going to break.:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back