What did you do to your Trike this week?

There are places out here in the Southwest that the speed limit is 80mph. I like riding the 2 lane roads and doing around 60, can see a lot more that way. I have run along in the fast lane a few times and that means 95+. It does make me a little uncomfortable, as I age things go by just too fast. Jim

Like i said i rarely do that....Its just the conditions were just right and my head was clear.

And the trike got up there so smooth and fast, So fast i didn't even realize it' not like with my 103......:xzqxz:

20,000 mile check up, a new trike, great to hear. Now to test the results this spring, or if you are a Snowbird, you can test it soon.

Fast on a fast lane can be a thrill, but you are correct, as we get older, why? Been there done that, like WOW, for a short burst and it can be very smooth, but watch out for Mr. Bear! Went golfing yesterday and there was a motorcycle bear with radar hiding behind the RTJ enterance to the golf course, Sneaky! Oh well, he was doing his job in trying to stop speeders. If you don't speed, you have nothing to worry about, correct?

Rosy

WOW Jack, you the Man! Keep the engine componates fresh, that way they will last!

Dont tell Tom G., but I came into Florida in the cover of night! Weather is still nice here, but haven't opened my trailer yet to let the NH cold air out yet, but will today!

Trike fired up, after two months in storage, hurray for a good battery! Told Janice to cross her fingers, after I got on and touched the start button! All tire pressures are set on trike, 41-front..22-rears...Now to reset pressures on truck after towing trailer to Florida! With high tire pressures it rides like a 250, rather than a 150! LOL 👎

Hey Pete, let know when we get Snow in NH, then send me some, I need a white Christmas, miss it already, NOT! LOL ❄️❄️❄️⛄⛄⛄

Rosy

Rosy, The good folks at ch.9 are predicting our first potentially plowable snow for Friday night>Saturday, next week.

Still too far off to believe exactly how accurate they will be, but it feels cold enough to snow right now.:(I'll keep ya posted!....

In the meantime, please feel free to send the sunny/warm weather back up here anytime, heck, I'll pay the postage!!!

Glad to hear you made it to Fla. safe & sound. Now go have fun, and put copious amounts of miles on that 'wing.
clapping%20smilie.gif

Paws, that's great..

Story:

First time I heard the saying drove like I stole it was in Ocala last year at the Snowbird Gathering. A great looking Ford dually was in the parking lot of the restruant/grill, we all went in for a cold one.

Sat there and spoke to the locals about this and that, with a blonde sitting across from us. Conversation got around to trucks, I said I like that Ford dually out there, but Janice said NO, when I wanted one, well the blonde spoke up and said, that's mine, And I drive it like I stole it...we all cracked up, never expected her to own the truck! You never know!

Well, unloaded trike, like I said a couple days ago when we got to Florida, well it is still sitting there waiting for me to get her cleaned, we have been so busy getting settled, no time for trike right now! maybe tomorrow, before this very cold front hits Florida, with NH expecting it's first snow fall! Yikes! Pete is going to Mail me some snow so I can have a white Christmas down here. LOL

Rosy

Winter Maintenance!!! YUP, it is that time of year.

Soon as Thanksgiving Day passes I start watching the forecast to see when the next stretch of too wet or too cold for riding is coming and plan for that. Have had all the parts and supplies lined up for some time now. Mother Nature gave me the opening early this year so I can hopefully get some nice riding in over the winter.

Thus far the antifreeze and clutch fluid have been changed. Also removed both rear brake rotors and had the slight warpage removed. While doing that today I noticed my right tire was into the ware bars!!! I'm just going to have to slow down on those twisties........ NOT!! New tires will be here on the 7th so I can have them mounted and Road Force Balanced.. In the meantime, I'll replace the brake fluid and bleed the lines. Also will totally pull the drive shaft this year so it can be inspected closely.

In case you haven't guessed - I enjoy wrenching almost as much as I do riding...
:D :D

Yes, you do, and you have all the tools to do a good job!

I am sorry to say, but my travel days going to New Mexico are over for the near future, so! We will not meet for a while, like we did a few years ago. Thank you very much for a very pleasant day, as I still remember you stopping by the motel and picking me up!

Hope all is well with you and your Family and have a Wonderful Holiday Season!

Rosy

There lots of trikes sitting because of hunting season! 🦌🦌🦆🦆🐗🐗

Use to hunt, but, don't do it any more, all my hunting areas are now housing developments or they are posted! Need to travel further up country to hunt. So, now I sit on my Farmer's Porch with a cup of coffee and watch the 8 pointer..4 pointer..and doe eat the drop apples within city limits! Don't tell me they are not smart to be where there is no hunting! LOL

So, enjoy your hunting and stay safe. Maybe you can top that 39 pointer shot this year! OH to see that in my scope when I was hunting! LOL 😱😱😱 I bet I would have missed it, trying to keep my knees from shaking!

Rosy

Every Xmas the kids ask grandpa what he wants for Xmas. I usually say nothing, cause I got you 2 and there’s nothing better.

This year I’m hitting them with a Trike wish list , as they hit me heavy for concert tx, car zoom zoom parts etc. :D:bellringer:

Yes, you do, and you have all the tools to do a good job!

I am sorry to say, but my travel days going to New Mexico are over for the near future, so! We will not meet for a while, like we did a few years ago. Thank you very much for a very pleasant day, as I still remember you stopping by the motel and picking me up!

Hope all is well with you and your Family and have a Wonderful Holiday Season!

Rosy

That was a good visit Rosy!! Hopefully one day we will get to hook up again. Who knows, I may get out your way sometime. :) We hope you and yours have a safe and Happy holiday also..

Well, Winter Maintenance is completed. Still waiting for the tires but that really doesn't qualify as winter maintenance... I was surprised and very pleased to find the driveshaft U-Joints to be absolutely perfect! :clapping: The whole reason for pulling the driveshaft was to inspect them so it was time well spent. Cleaned up the front coupler and gave it a fresh coat of black moly grease. Good for another 30K I suspect. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Cleaned & polished the Tri, along with maintenance . Covered for a short (I hope) nap. Had the 20 k done before I did all the fluids ( I like my oil better then HD). OK ready for spring.

PosseRider, what do you use for oil in your trike? I bet it isn't as expensive as the HD brand?

Boy, that's a great idea with the Grandchildren, but Alas, I need to wait a few years, since they are 6 & 7 now! LOL They may get me a Leggo Batman action figure instead! LOL

Need to think of Xmas, for new bling for the trike.

Need SaltLife Decal for my new trailer and a new Honda decal as well. My decals went with the old trailer, when it was sold. You got my mind rolling now! Thanks!

Rosy

Put a brake modulator on my back box light, added extra LED turn signal lights and added a new F4 windshield for more coverage for my wide/tall body (especially with winter coming up). AND, I just order some wrap for my Spyder, to make her special........

Put a brake modulator on my back box light, added extra LED turn signal lights and added a new F4 windshield for more coverage for my wide/tall body (especially with winter coming up). AND, I just order some wrap for my Spyder, to make her special........

Oh WOW Juice! Sounds like you and Santa have been busy!:Santa:

Post up pics when you get the wrap on her!

Carla

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back