What did you do to your Trike this week?

Need help, EBC pads, are they made for any car manufacture or for specific vehicles?

On your trike, what brand of brakes are used, Ford, Nissan, Toyota? Like mine are 1998 CRV Honda...

My tuner told me, the reason your pads are not worn is because they are larger than needed to stop the vehicle's weight. HHMM, is it true? I know I can "light up" my tires when stopping. I need front pads twice as much as the rears, as a matter of fact, the trike is a 2002 and still have the original pads.

Thanks,

Rosy

The rear brakes and hubs/rotors on my Roadsmith are VW. They are relatively small compared to the ones I had on my MotorTrike. Each pad is about 2.5 inches square vs. the 2.5 X 4 pads on the MT. These EBC "Yellow Pads" are suppose to be extra special. I'll let you know if that's true in a few months. I use to use EBC pads instead of OEM Honda pads but found the OEM actually perform better and PartZilla.com sells the OEM for a very reasonable cost.

Hi Jim. My son and I also have a tradition of riding on New Years day, weather permitting. This was taken on New Years day about 35 miles from home.

View attachment 52207

It's a thing I have been doing for a long time. I get a ride in, like I said a few times the weather or myself were not cooperating with a ride, so I have backed the trike or 2 wheeler out of the garage and then ride it back in the garage. It just sets the stage for a good riding year. Jim

Was going to Titusville to see the Rocket Launch today, well it isn't going off till tomorrow, would have been a nice ride on the trike. 😔 Oh well, maybe tomorrow for the ride.

So, backed it our of the garage as a service person is coming to replace the opener!

image.jpg

Sorry, NH, I know you hate to see this, but hey, someone has to do it! 😈😎😎

Rosy

Went on a 160 mile ride yesterday. Had lunch at the Lodge at Mt. Magazine, here in Arkansas. 39' when I left the house, but got up to 70' when I got back home around 4pm. Love this ride as the views are so nice up there and the food is great, there's a lot of it and at a reasonable price.......makes this big guy happy.........there were six of us on the ride.

Oh........and when I got home, my wrap had arrived, now need to apply it to Lucille........it's not a dramatic change, but will give Lucille a little bit of a personality.....maybe a picture or two after........

Rosy, as a motorcycle instructor from years ago, reminding the students that 70% of their braking comes from the front tire so it's normal to replace them front pads more often you are using them equally as the weight transfers forward when stopping. And I bet you come down in the 4 wheelers tomorrow for the launch as it's going to be colder in the morning.

Tomg

Janice has electric heat, we are from the North Country! LOL Janice would never, ever leave home without her Gerbins! To tell you the truth, they are nice when riding in the cold, used mine once when I started from the house at 29F to go to my tuner, even wore my heated gloves!

See you tomorrow Tom!

Rosy

Was going to Titusville to see the Rocket Launch today, well it isn't going off till tomorrow, would have been a nice ride on the trike. 😔 Oh well, maybe tomorrow for the ride.

So, backed it our of the garage as a service person is coming to replace the opener!

View attachment 52239

Sorry, NH, I know you hate to see this, but hey, someone has to do it! 😈😎😎

Rosy

If you have time take the tour

It is spendy but worth it

I am riding every night

It helps me clear my head

I feel an oil change coming some time this week

I change every 3500 miles

I know it is too soon, I like to keep it clean inside;)

Jack,

You do what must be done to keep your mind clear of the tragic events! Each person has their own ways to stay focus on their daily routine, and not dwell in the past or be consumed by it!

I believe it is very difficult, but must be done, to provide a stable life for the Family.

Good luck!

Rosy

No rocket launch tomorrow, cancelled again till next week.

New garage door opener was put in today, and boy it is night and day between what the old one sounded like to the new one! I told the installer, they were using the same type of "rubber chain" as a Harley. If it wasn't for the rollers on the track, you would never know it was going up or down!

Rosy

Cold today, but that did not stop me from riding to the dealer fora filter

49 degrees

I feel better now, the oil is changed

15,150 miles

8 oil changes

I know it is excessive, I changed 2 times before I did my 1000 mile check then switched to synthetic oil:clapping:

Jack, what brand of oil do you use for your trike? Has anyone tried the synthetic brand which says it will last a year? Is it Mobile One?

I remember back in the "Old Days", when oil use to "break" down and had to be changed, even if you never ran your motor. Put new oil in, in the fall when you stored your bike, change it in the spring, before you fired it up! It was called Dino oil, because it came from under ground, now it comes from a "lab"! Am I getting old, yes I am, at 73, just sit and consider all the changes this world has seen! WOW..And you say when you see a person celebrating 100, what have they seen?

Story:

I remember this like it was yesterday, standing there when I was a teen and speaking to an adult who was maybe 40, saying, if I get to be that old, shoot me! 😜😜 OMG, where has the time Gone?

Rosy

Rosy, I am using Quicksilver 20-50 Synthetic

Til nowI haveNEVER used anything but HD Dino oil

My Freewheeler likes the synthetic

As

do I I like the price Plus I can get it@ Walmart 24-7

It comes in @ 24.00 a gallon;)

My heritage dna trike

WELL, I'M ADDING A SO CALLED PARKING BRAKE A.K.A. LINE LOCK TO THE BRAKE LINE NOT SO MUCH FOR A LONG TERM PARKING BRAKE BUT JUST TO BE ABLE TO GET IN AND OUT OF A STORE OR WHATEVER WITHOUT THE BIKE ROLLING DOWN A WEST VIRGINIA HILL. ALSO IF I'M LUCKY I'LL BE ADDING A RAKED TRIPLE TREE AND PUTTING ON MY NEW FENDERS, LOWERING MY BARS (16" APES ARE ROUGH WITH 2 RODS IN THE SPINE) I WOULD LOVE TO SWING A REVERSE KIT BUT STEERING COMES FIRST AND I'M TRYING TO SAVE FOR A TRUCK SOON :D:clapping::jumpy:

Trikeman. You got pictures you can share with us? Love to see the "Fix"! Just in case mine goes the way of the Dodo!

Post pictures once you get all your stuff on, like to see what it looks like. 16" apes, my short arms would never reach them! LOL

Yes, take my two wheeler for ride now and then, it feels good, but strange when you got to put your feet down.

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back