What did you do to your Trike this week?

Went over the trike yesterday and made sure all was ready for a ride today. It has been sitting under the cover for the last month while I was not riding due to medical issues. Air shocks were down 4 lbs.

After starting it up all went well and then the boom scree went blank, everything else was working but nothing on the screen. Shut it down and then restarted it again, same thing.

Started with the fuses, all pulled and looked at, all good. Dang that cover is so hard to lock into position. Restarted and all worked well.

I will be out and riding in a bit, hope all works well.

Filled it up with Gas......208 miles 5.1 gal to overflow....The M8 does a little better than my 103 did...:Shrug:

OK how much better?

The MOCO changed the EPA rating it looks like on the 18 Frrewheeler up from 39 to 43 with a footnote of #5

This says blah blah U may get different mileage?

What the heck does that mean?

Guess I got robbed, my 17 M8 is only getting 44.7 I should take it back? Nah I think its a keeper:clapping:

I can't imagine riding without a radio..OMG! Good luck and hope they can figure out what is wrong! Electronic problems can be hard to pin point!

MP3 player is my cup of tea! In New England, satellite radio are hard to use because of all the mountains and trees. Wife likes ABBA, so have many of their sounds on the disc!

Rosy

I can't imagine riding without a radio..OMG! Good luck and hope they can figure out what is wrong! Electronic problems can be hard to pin point!

MP3 player is my cup of tea! In New England, satellite radio are hard to use because of all the mountains and trees. Wife likes ABBA, so have many of their sounds on the disc!

Rosy

When I bought the 11 Triglide I didn't want a radio but i had no choice then one day my son said you know you can stick your iPod right in that the plug there 😱 So now I can't ride with out my music 🎶📞

I bought 2 Freewheelers NO RADIO

I don't want no stinkin radio, I have enuf problems with my phone:laugh:

Seriously, I can always use a Zune or another device

images

like this 1 my son bought The Redhead it still works and fits in my pocket or windshield bag:)

Getting trike stored in trailer to transport to Alabama's storage facility, so we can pick it up on the way to Florida. Don't want to pull trailer in snow/ice storm this November.

Also visit relatives while there.

Weather has been great for riding in NH. Got what was left of Irma yesterday, heavy rains little wind, and lighting! Not what hit Florida!

Rosy

Getting trike stored in trailer to transport to Alabama's storage facility, so we can pick it up on the way to Florida. Don't want to pull trailer in snow/ice storm this November.

Also visit relatives while there.

Weather has been great for riding in NH. Got what was left of Irma yesterday, heavy rains little wind, and lighting! Not what hit Florida!

Rosy

Welcome to what used to be the sunshine state

It should be back to near normal soon I hope

At least I got to ride every day of the storm cept for last Sunday

Jack, it is not over yet with hurricanes, Maria is coming and they say she is heading the same direction as Irma! God help Florida!

Our rental in Florida was spared from Irma, but with Maria coming, who knows? Could be making the trip to Alabama to store trailer, not a good move, but hey, you got to plan for the future! The good thing about the trip, we will visit with relatives in Alabama.

Batten down the hatches, Florida!

Rosy

Jack, it is not over yet with hurricanes, Maria is coming and they say she is heading the same direction as Irma! God help Florida!

Our rental in Florida was spared from Irma, but with Maria coming, who knows? Could be making the trip to Alabama to store trailer, not a good move, but hey, you got to plan for the future! The good thing about the trip, we will visit with relatives in Alabama.

Batten down the hatches, Florida!

Rosy

I saw that last night

I am buying a generator

If the weather gets TOO close next time WE may leave town early

I hate to say this, but prediction are she is going to go up the East coast of Florida, not like Irma which went on the West coast. Still, she is still far away and may do something crazy like Jose and go out to sea.

My friend in Palm Bay lost power for a long time, while he was there. Things you need is plenty of gas cans, propane to cook with, and can food which will keep. He had a very hard time finding propane after Irma went bye.

I would think the prudent thing to do is evacuate, if they predict she is going to get close.

Loss of property is a lot better than getting hurt.

Rosy

Jack, maybe all the prayers have been heard as most of the tracking models show Maria

heading away from the East Coast of Florida.

Not that we are not going to get some wind and rain, but we maybe spared the brunt of her force. That would be great!

Keep our fingers crossed Floridian!

I will keep packing the trailer to take to Alabama as scheduled! LOL

Rosy

Rosy, just ride the trike down to NM and put it in my garage and pick it up when you change your route a bit and travel to FL by way of NM. A lot of snowbirds hang around here and when it gets a little nasty they head to AZ or costal TX.

Jim

Rosy, just ride the trike down to NM and put it in my garage and pick it up when you change your route a bit and travel to FL by way of NM. A lot of snowbirds hang around here and when it gets a little nasty they head to AZ or costal TX.

Jim

Been there and done that, use to go to Clovis a lot. Don't know about the trike, that red sand will wipe out your finish in a heart beat!

We were going there when they had the great drought, and it was very dry and at time you could see the Haboo coming towards you! Massive sand storms. Also there for the great snow storm that took over a week to clear the roads and they lost over 40,000 head of cattle.

Other parts of the state of New Mexico are great.

Thank You, but I'll stick to Florida!

Rosy

You are correct Rosy, the wind and sand sure can be a problem. I just hide when the wind gets up. I have been caught out on the bikes, trike with some serious wind, 60-70 mph stuff, just got to find a good place to hide in a hurry.

Clovis and that part of the state is pretty flat. All the trees are bent from the prevailing winds. I agree with not wanting to be in that part of the country.

Where are you storing the trike and trailer in AL? Jim

in tune w/topic of this thread....I had a new Avon Cobra Trike tire installed yesterday. only 40 miles ride home from the dealership. Fall riding wx is in the air and will get a good feel for it on our TN back roads.:D

in tune w/topic of this thread....I had a new Avon Cobra Trike tire installed yesterday. only 40 miles ride home from the dealership. Fall riding wx is in the air and will get a good feel for it on our TN back roads.:D

Need info on your new tire:

How balanced? Road feel as compared to your old ride? Updates, as you drive on mileage?

Also, compare mileage from your old to your new, at end, when replaced.

Giving prior information, I would say, rides softer, grips better(?), but only last 12,000 to 15,000 miles.

Thanks

As for the town I store my trike at, Montgomery, AL, as I have relatives near there and get a great deal on storage. Last time it was $48 a month under cover in a warehouse.

Here in New England, they get $150+ for under cover storage. I guess New Englanders are hoarders and need storage space! LOL

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back