Tire repair vs. replscrment

I found a screw in the center of my front tire on my Freewheeler today. Can this be plugged, or do I need to replace the tire. It only has 4610 miles in it.

Update! Priced at dealer for an OEM tire installed. Over $450 before tax.

So it was just a drywall screw so I bought the plug kit. Went to fix it this morning and the screw has been cut off short, so it never went through the tire body as it was on the thickest part of tire. Thank you all for the advice though! Liking this community so far. Ride safe y’all!!!

Last edited:
I found a screw in the center of my front tire on my Freewheeler today. Can this be plugged, or do I need to replace the tire. It only has 4610 miles in it.

Ive have had good luck plugging tires, And adding sealer after i plugged them with many different vechiles ...As long as the hole isn't too large...

Some also prefer to have the tire dismounted and Patched from the inside...

Ive have had good luck plugging tires, And adding sealer after i plugged them with many different vechiles ...As long as the hole isn't too large...

Some also prefer to have the tire dismounted and Patched from the inside...

A patch plug is the best way to repair a tire, nothing bigger than 5/16th inch hole

When my bike was a two-wheeler, I would have never consider plugging and forgetting. Now that it is a trike, I seem to have a little more confidence in what might happen if I got a flat. Certainly, if the trike tire, it would be a plug.

Now, with the front tire, if a small hole and few miles on the tire, I might plug and be careful. If preparing for a long trip, I would likely replace it

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back