Tri Glide Rear Tire choices question

Thank you!!! My painter got all parts on stands over this past weekend… now the sanding and prepping before he lays a sealer down first… then the SilverMax, then the Brandywine Kandy paint, then a few coats of clear.

For the wheels, I bought an extra set of wheels and was going to initially have them powder coated and try to match the paint. Then I realized, it will not be an exact match. So they talked me into the “Super Chrome” powder coat.

I will say that they do look much nicer than stock, but of course, not as shiny/reflective as chrome.

(Most likely I’ll get new chrome wheels next year and use either “Willy Shiny” or “Excalibur” chrome exchange)… but I’ll determine that once it’s all back together next month.

I’m still waiting for my rotors to come back from getting polished, so I still have the front jacked up & waiting for those before reassembling the front wheel back on as I just got my front tire on it.

pics:

View attachment 117037View attachment 117038View attachment 117039View attachment 117040

don’t know why two pics are sideways???

but it shows what it will look like.

~Brett

Look up PVD coating for the wheels I had mine done in black chrome, it's been a while, so I don't remember the name of the place, I think it was in California, they looked really good. I feel sorry for your painter that's a lot of work, somebody won't have any fingerprints when there done wet sanding all of those parts.

Look up PVD coating for the wheels I had mine done in black chrome, it's been a while, so I don't remember the name of the place, I think it was in California, they looked really good. I feel sorry for your painter that's a lot of work, somebody won't have any fingerprints when there done wet sanding all of those parts.

Very interesting!!! I actually never heard of PVD coating before.

I had to google it and “edge-a-macate” myself about it. Pretty cool process!

Yes, my painter is actually a good friend. Although he said the worse job is indeed the wet sanding and buffing… he did make a promise to not have any of this effect our friendship! lol! :drinks:

Very interesting!!! I actually never heard of PVD coating before.

I had to google it and “edge-a-macate” myself about it. Pretty cool process!

Yes, my painter is actually a good friend. Although he said the worse job is indeed the wet sanding and buffing… he did make a promise to not have any of this effect our friendship! lol! :drinks:

He LIED ! I would rather paint A SCHOOL BUS Black Lacquer . The PVD is really good looking & something different from chrome & cost about the same, everybody got chrome wheels. I had a black Road Glide I triked with a Champion kit I bought a set of Dayton wire laced wheels they were a dark red with stainless spokes, those were really good looking .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back