2014 HD Tri-Glide Rear Rotors

keikat2

90+ Posts
Jun 9, 2018
Forney, Texas, USA
For those who have replaced their Trike's rear rotors, did you purchase/install cast iron or steel rotors? Also, what type of brake pads did you purchase/install, as well. Thank you, in advance, for your comments and suggestions. Allen S.

O.K., I guess what I am asking is "Has anybody replaced their Trike's rear wheel rotors with Drag Specialties Cast Iron and/or Bikers Choice Steel rotors? Also, what about the dark coating on the Bikers Choice Steel rotors? Thank you, Allen S.

I bought the Drag specialties ones they warped a bit , i had them turned to knock the warp off and installed EBC double sintered on my 14 and haven’t looked back. I think the reason mine warped is I had a bad caliper pin on the right side, smooth since then … I would buy again. The stock pads organic I think just suck hind tit compared to the EBC. These will eat the rotor a bit but I wanted more braking power.

Not sure what you mean about the black coating. They are not chrome, just painted black I think.

Drag like many of the aftermarket source their rotors, they do not in house manufacture them

The black on the rotors is an anti rust coating, it will wear off as you brake a few times, it will help the pads reseat faster plus it keeps oily residue from penetrating the rotor

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back