2014 Tri-Glide Handle bar replacement

I have had my 2014 tri-Glide for a few months now and the first improvement I want to preform on it is a new set of Handle bars. I have been to several dealerships and sat of several trikes and I know I want a 12" rise. I like the stile of the KTS mayham bars. I was wondering if anyone has put them on a 2014 style trike or what would you suggest in a set of replacement bars in the 12" rise options. Most post I have read say that you can re-rout the clutch and break cables without having to replace them? Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Loyd

Trike bars.jpg

I installed some 12" bars with no problems, I believe that 12" is as high as you can go without any clutch and front brake issues. I did 14" on another bike and had to replace those with longer hoses. There was no issue with the electronic throttle cable as HD put in enough slack for that to work. You will nee to add an extension to the cables from the handlebar switched but HD has a 10" plug and play extension kit for that.

I just put a set of 12” Dominator Industries mitered apes on my 21. I had Harley mini apes on it but I wanted higher. I selling those prewired now , on my 14 I had Kromewerks 2+2 they were comfortable but not high enough for me, I’m 6’1” tall and I run a Ultimate tallboy seat which it’s you back some. I probably will eventually put 4” longer brake lines and clutch cable on it. The stock ones fit but tight a bit.

I have had my 2014 tri-Glide for a few months now and the first improvement I want to preform on it is a new set of Handle bars. I have been to several dealerships and sat of several trikes and I know I want a 12" rise. I like the stile of the KTS mayham bars. I was wondering if anyone has put them on a 2014 style trike or what would you suggest in a set of replacement bars in the 12" rise options. Most post I have read say that you can re-rout the clutch and break cables without having to replace them? Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Loyd

I have 12" KST Mayhem bars on my 2015 which is the same version as a 2014. If you call KST Kustoms they are very helpful. I believe I had to purchase some wiring extensions. They can help you with that. The bars really look nice on a TG and I have liked mine since the first ride.

Kurt

View attachment 115731

I installed some 12" bars with no problems, I believe that 12" is as high as you can go without any clutch and front brake issues. I did 14" on another bike and had to replace those with longer hoses. There was no issue with the electronic throttle cable as HD put in enough slack for that to work. You will nee to add an extension to the cables from the handlebar switched but HD has a 10" plug and play extension kit for that.

Thanks for the information! That is just what I was wanting to know. I will buy the extension from HD and I will be ready to tackle the job.

Switch wires

View attachment 115731

Did you route your switch wires through the handle bars or did you run them on the out side?

Thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back