Tire Pressure Monitoring System?

Fobo is what I’ve have on my Heritage (metal stems) and Freewheeler (rubber stems) and have no complaints.

There’s cheaper systems out there but likely none better than Fobo.

I was looking at the Fobo TPMS for my Freewheeler, but I use my phone for the GPS when traveling. I need something with a display.

I was looking at the Fobo TPMS for my Freewheeler, but I use my phone for the GPS when traveling. I need something with a display.

Why would you want or need to visually monitor the tire pressure?

I want something that I don’t have to look at but will notify me if there is a potential problem.

With the Fobo system you set parameters and if your tire pressure gets outside of those parameters you get an alert.

On my Freewheeler I run 36 psi in the front and 22 psi in the rears. I believe I have my alert set for 32-45 psi for the front and 20-25 psi for the rears.

As stated in an earlier comment there are cheaper systems out there that do the same thing but I doubt they are better than the Fobo system.

Also with the Fobo system you can add sensors and other vehicles relatively easily.

Not only do I have the Fobo system on my Freewheeler I also have the system on my Heritage.

When I’m trailering either or both bikes I move the Freewheeler rear sensors to my trailer tires and reset the parameters for the trailer tire pressure.

I hate tire sensors of any kind. Sooner or later, they go bonkers. I prefer to just do periodic maintenance.

The purpose of the TPMS is not so one can forgo periodic maintenance.

It’s purpose is to “monitor” the pressure so as to hopefully forewarn of a pending flat.

I added the Fobo system after I had a flat traveling across South Dakota and was stranded for 4+ hours waiting on a tow.

Turns out my issue was a slow leak that if I had indications that it was leaking I might could have gotten to a service station before the tire went flat totally.

IMG_2480.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back