Tire DIAMETER

Oct 18, 2011
salt lake city, ut
Do any of you run taller tires on your trike?? Most 15 and 16 inch wheels have tires that are between 25.5" and 26.5 inches in height. I am using a 15 inch wheel-but in order to get whitewalls I had to get a taller tire which is 28.4 inches tall. I am worried that the taller tires will look funky on my roadking trike. The only advantage I can see to the taller tires is that it might provide more muffler clearance and put the back end 1.5 inches higher-these tires truly dwarf the front tire in the bike. Any feedback on this conundrum would be greatly appreciated-could end up being a 300.00 mistake as I cannot return the tires I bought on line!!:Shrug::Shrug::AGGHH:

Hi ABA i did my trike this past winter its a D.F.T. kit it calls for 16"rim around 25" tires also.. so i purchased 17"wheels and my tires are 26.9" for over all diam. i did this because my trikes is a1500 honda an on the interstates running 75to80 mph on trips the motor was rpming around 3750 or so. now at 75mph it rpms 3000 to 3100. it dont sound like ur running the daylights out of the motor. and tires an rims looks good to... if u stay at a 15" rim u will hv a lot of rubber showing under the fender a bigger diam rim will off set that look . but u have to make sure u have room for the tire to travel up&down with out hitting the fenders . i couldnt go any taller with the tire diam on my trike cause of tires hitting fenders. it can be done takes a little resreach... good luck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back