Oil on the brake light switch?

Thread closer, except for answering any questions/comments.

Took Second Wind in to the shop. Since I bought her right around five years ago, and since in the midst of researching this I read that you should flush brake fluid every coupla years, and since I've never done that, I figured I'd get this checked out and do the flush at the same time.

They replaced the brake light switch, flushed the fluid, outta there in a couple hours and a couple hundred bucks.

Why wouldn't the cruise control set with the brake light switch unplugged (see past few comments)? Because I was testing it down my street, not out on the freeway. The cruise control won't set below 30mph or so, and I was still on surface streets. On the way up to the dealership the cruise control worked just fine. Live and learn, I was used to car cruise controls that set at 25mpg or more.

Yeah, I know a couple hundred is a lot, but a) I like 'em up at the shop there, and I'll pay 'em, and b) bleeding *a* brake line is a pain in the ass that I don't like doing, let alone with three bleeders and a proportioning valve in there too to make things even more fun.

Yeah, I know a couple hundred is a lot, but a) I like 'em up at the shop there, and I'll pay 'em, and b) bleeding *a* brake line is a pain in the ass that I don't like doing, let alone with three bleeders and a proportioning valve in there too to make things even more fun.

Not all that bad when you figure the cost of the switch, fluid and labor ... I do almost all my own work ... but ... I don't like messing with the linked brakes.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back