Knee Replacement Surgery.

Update

Good news, Doc was pleased with my knee progress and has scheduled the second for 3/5/18, although the surgery scheduler has told me there's a really good chance to get in mid to late February. Now for the bad.

Last week I got hit with a nasty sinus infection that developed into pneumonia. Started feeling punny last Wednesday and by Thursday i felt like death warmed over. The good news is I had an appointment with my knee surgeon and when I showed up with a mask, he prescribed antibiotics right away. He was afraid that the infection might somehow get to the knee.

Anyway, for the better part of 10 days now, my soul activity has been sleeping, going to the bathroom and occasionally eating a little soup.

Since being in the Persian Gulf and getting the "Fungus" in my lungs, pneumonia has been a very real problem when I get sick, happens very quickly and kicks my butt when it does. Although I'm feeling a tad more human, not really up to moderator duties yet. Maybe a couple more days and I'm be okay.

Good news, Doc was pleased with my knee progress and has scheduled the second for 3/5/18, although the surgery scheduler has told me there's a really good chance to get in mid to late February. Now for the bad.

Last week I got hit with a nasty sinus infection that developed into pneumonia. Started feeling punny last Wednesday and by Thursday i felt like death warmed over. The good news is I had an appointment with my knee surgeon and when I showed up with a mask, he prescribed antibiotics right away. He was afraid that the infection might somehow get to the knee.

Anyway, for the better part of 10 days now, my soul activity has been sleeping, going to the bathroom and occasionally eating a little soup.

Since being in the Persian Gulf and getting the "Fungus" in my lungs, pneumonia has been a very real problem when I get sick, happens very quickly and kicks my butt when it does. Although I'm feeling a tad more human, not really up to moderator duties yet. Maybe a couple more days and I'm be okay.

Great news on the knees!

Take care of yourself with your lungs...see email I sent you.

Mary and I are thinking of you.

Kevin

Hey Fuzzy! You’ve surfaced!!!!

Glad to hear of your knee schedule and glad you are on the road to recovery with the “fungus among us” !!:clap:

Dang Alan, you can't seem to catch a good break, glad the knee is doing well though, take care.

Alan nice to here from you sorry you are down with the punies. Good to hear you are on the mend and other knee is schedules to get done. We will certainly keep you in our prayers take care :wave4:Fred/Jeanne

Well, this is day three of the new antibiotic. I am optimistic about it's effects. I am starting to feel more human, but, it's fairly early. This on is a 10 day run rather than a 5 day run.

For the first time in about three weeks, I actually have an appetite. Scary, for so long now, I have eaten soup, just because I felt I needed to eat something. I'm gonna pray this new appetite is a sign of getting well.

Time will tell.

Well, this is day three of the new antibiotic. I am optimistic about it's effects. I am starting to feel more human, but, it's fairly early. This on is a 10 day run rather than a 5 day run.

For the first time in about three weeks, I actually have an appetite. Scary, for so long now, I have eaten soup, just because I felt I needed to eat something. I'm gonna pray this new appetite is a sign of getting well.

Time will tell.
Hang in there they will sooner or later get it right in our prayers. :gah:Fred and Jeanne

Glad you are on the mend Fuzzy. You are in our prayers to get over the crud, for continued healing for your knee and the upcoming surgery.

For the first time in weeks, my head is clearing up. I've felt like I've been underwater for so long, I forgot what I should feel like. Also, the Sumo Wrestler the has been sitting on my chest seems to have found a new place to hang out.

I think the worst part of the pneumonia is, I haven't been able to sleep with the CPAP for a couple weeks. Not a pretty sight when you wake up coughing up phlegm into full face mask. I opted to curtail it's used until I wasn't trying to yak up a lung. My sleep is so fitful when I quit breathing, who knew. Maybe I'll try to use it tonight.

The next thing I'd like is to be able to make it longer than 2-3 hours without needing a nap. Apparently, after orange juice, antibiotics and expectorants, the thing your body craves the most is sleep. Although, it might just be the boredom ... LOL.

I have two more therapy sessions I need to do before I can Graduate. The knee is actually really good with a range of motion between 0* AND 115* (this using a carpenters angle transfer and a compass, you make do with what you have) and no pain. That is, unless I bump it. The bones where the new ends where pounded in and epoxied, are still a tad tender. The doc says 6 months for that to go away totally.

Looking forward to getting well and on to the left knee. Still tentatively schedule for 3/5/18, but, hoping to get that pushed up to mid to late Feb.

For the first time in weeks, my head is clearing up. I've felt like I've been underwater for so long, I forgot what I should feel like. Also, the Sumo Wrestler the has been sitting on my chest seems to have found a new place to hang out.

I think the worst part of the pneumonia is, I haven't been able to sleep with the CPAP for a couple weeks. Not a pretty sight when you wake up coughing up phlegm into full face mask. I opted to curtail it's used until I wasn't trying to yak up a lung. My sleep is so fitful when I quit breathing, who knew. Maybe I'll try to use it tonight.

The next thing I'd like is to be able to make it longer than 2-3 hours without needing a nap. Apparently, after orange juice, antibiotics and expectorants, the thing your body craves the most is sleep. Although, it might just be the boredom ... LOL.

I have two more therapy sessions I need to do before I can Graduate. The knee is actually really good with a range of motion between 0* AND 115* (this using a carpenters angle transfer and a compass, you make do with what you have) and no pain. That is, unless I bump it. The bones where the new ends where pounded in and epoxied, are still a tad tender. The doc says 6 months for that to go away totally.

Looking forward to getting well and on to the left knee. Still tentatively schedule for 3/5/18, but, hoping to get that pushed up to mid to late Feb.
Certainly sounds like you are on the mend good to hear, keep up the PT and get the other knee ixed you will be jitterbug dancing this summer. :victory: travel safe Fred

That's great news!!! :D

Kevin & Mary

Update

Well this pneumonia thing has been challenging to say the least. Seems like I take one step forward and two back. Finally starting to really make progress and I feel almost human for the first time in a month.

I still don't have the pizzaz I'd like, but, I am getting there. Actually made it to Bible study for two weeks in a row ... That makes my heart sing.

Next week I start the consults, labs, ekg, and other stuff to be cleared for the next knee surgery. To be honest, I'm only worried about the followup (after pneumonia) chest X-ray. I get a clean report from that, The left knee will happen no later than 3/5/18. The surgery scheduler told me to come see her after my anesthesia consult on 2/6/18. She thinks she can get me in like the third week of February, but, she can't schedule until he says i'm good. I'd like it to happen as soon as possible. The more recovery time I have between surgery and pool season (and the spring In-N-Out Burger ride May 8-10th) the better I will feel. March 5th is kind cutting it closer than I'd like, but, It is doable.

Well this pneumonia thing has been challenging to say the least. Seems like I take one step forward and two back. Finally starting to really make progress and I feel almost human for the first time in a month.

I still don't have the pizzaz I'd like, but, I am getting there. Actually made it to Bible study for two weeks in a row ... That makes my heart sing.

Next week I start the consults, labs, ekg, and other stuff to be cleared for the next knee surgery. To be honest, I'm only worried about the followup (after pneumonia) chest X-ray. I get a clean report from that, The left knee will happen no later than 3/5/18. The surgery scheduler told me to come see her after my anesthesia consult on 2/6/18. She thinks she can get me in like the third week of February, but, she can't schedule until he says i'm good. I'd like it to happen as soon as possible. The more recovery time I have between surgery and pool season (and the spring In-N-Out Burger ride May 8-10th) the better I will feel. March 5th is kind cutting it closer than I'd like, but, It is doable.
Good to hear from you Alan Take care of yourself. :victory:Travel safe Fred

Good to hear you're doing better Fuzzy, pneumonia takes it toll on us old farts for sure. Hope you can get the other knee done on your time table, best of luck.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back