Knee Replacement Surgery.

Okay ... an update. Dang I must be getting old. This surgery (my 21st) has kicked my b$tt. I tire easily and now I'm fighting a low grade temp and a cold. Maybe not a good idea to do the next one in Feb. :AGGHH:

Feb is a ways off, the older we get the longer it takes to heal.! Don’t let it get to ya, keep up the pt and get rid of that infection :Shrug: Feel better :clapping:

How I missed this thread, I don't know.

Good to hear you got a new knee! You know the drill, do the PT. Take some elderberry or something for the cold.

You're gonna want the matching knee in Feb.!

Mary says "Fuzzy I hear hugs cure many ailments, I send MANY hugs!!!"

Kevin

Alan stay right with that fever be mindful make sure your surgeon knows about it. Take no chances with your knee! as always you are in our prayers. Fred

Thanks guys ... it seems like this has gone on forever, reality, only been three weeks.

Keven, Tell Mary thanks for the hugs.

I haven't given up yet ... LOL ... Just another sign of old age. Morose feelings? Wow, not sure where that came from.

I'm at about 98* bending and -2* straightening. Progress and I have three weeks left till the "Max Range of Motion after Surgery" deadline. I'll be fine and once I can drive again ... maybe I'll even shake the cabin fever thing ... LOL. Medically cleared to drive, but, the Jeep is tight enough that with the limited bending, I just don't trust it to get to the brake pedal in a panic stop. Dad always said, "Know your limits". For right now, that means getting in the Jeep. I'm also technically, still on the walker.

Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words and hugs. Love you guys.

By the way we are due for an update on Rehab progress Fuzz it's been a while how ya doing? Fred

:afraid::gaa::curtain::shock::bellringer::santa-chimney::santa-stuck::christmas-tree:

Hope you are feeling better and beat your fever Fuzzy. Keep up the PT. It'll get better. You are in our prayers.

And to quote a boss I had... "Remember, getting old is not for sissies."

Hang in there!!!

Update

Yesterday was a therapy day. Range of motion is about -1 in the straight department and 95* in the bent direction. The tech did notice i am still walking with a limp. I hadn't noticed it because I have been walking that way for years. Since they took me off the walker, I've been using a cane. He took me off the dane and put me on a forearm crutch. This crutch is on the left side and the right knee was the one replaced. This thing allows for me to walk normally with the right knee and still have the stability of the walker. This thing is only for a couple weeks until I "relearn" to walk straight. Apparently walking like a prostitute is not very becoming on an old fat guy. LOL.

The tech also wanted me to be a tad more aggressive with working the knee. Just keep doing what I'm doing, but, hold the stretches longer (15 seconds verses 5 seconds). Did that yesterday afternoon and i really can tell the difference. I may have over done a bit and in the evening I was kinda sore. This morning, the knee felt pretty good and was bending a lot more. Today is more of the same, maybe just not as much yesterday. Tech doesn't want me to work it so much that it stiffens up or locks up again.

Now the fun part. I did get on the trike and ride it yesterday. It was in the high 40's and I needed to fill the tank for the winter. Gas station is only about a half mile from the house, so, off I went. Riding the trike was actually easier than driving the Jeep, more room to stretch the knee out .. LOL. Filled the tank and went back home. Felt good to be riding the "Fat Bottom Girl" again.

All in all, the knee is coming along just fine. There is some extra "fullness" and a little bit of soreness, but, it's doing as well as can be expected.

Great to hear you are doing so well nice to see an update after leaving us hanging with I have a fever and no follow up. We will still be praying for your recovery. :praisebe: Travel safe Fred

Another Update

Today I had therapy ... the second one of the week we do "measurements". I an at 100* bending and -1 straightening.

Next mile stone should be on the 28th when I see the doctor. If I'm at 90* bending, he'll schedule or at least start the scheduling process for the second knee. I'm hoping mid February.

I am now walking mostly without assistance. They want me to use the forearm crutch when in public, mostly to "announce" that I have an issue and maybe I won't get run over ... LOL.

I am building stamina too. I can now make it from 7 am until 7 pm without a nap ... What a big boy I am ... LOL.

Today was another visit to the CLC ... I really like those guys with their stories. It also gives me a chance to walk the halls of the VA ... warm and no trip hazards ... I walk around to build up the leg muscles. Making the right leg stronger after surgery, and I'm building up the left leg prior to surgery.

Looking forward to rinding the trike in the spring ... Pain free :D

:good: Good to hear you are doing so well Fuzzy! I am sure it felt good to get a short ride in yesterday! Keep up the good work! You are in our prayers!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back