Knee Replacement Surgery.

Fuzz your surgery is on my Grandson's Birthday :birthday_party: I will certainly keep you in our prayers :pray: while we have cake and Ice Cream. Rehab. safe Fred

Sorry for being tardy replying. Been really busy getting "ready for the surgery" Trying to get all the "stuff" winterized, swamp cooler, irrigation, etc. Also had a friend help me repair a weak spot in the floor of my bedroom, cleaning the bedroom (organizing) so I can move the bed and make more room to get to the rest room (don't want to trip with the walker).

Add to that, my hot tub pump died and I spent some time tracking a replacement down (old tub with an obsolete pump). My buddy is coming over tomorrow to help install the pump and help with the winterizing.

It's amazing, the knees were pretty good until the temp dropped around the first week of September. Since then, the right one (first to get replaced) has been very painful. Good news, I only have just under two weeks till the surgery. The left one seems to be getting worse too, although, it might be the strain on the left from the weird gate I've developed.

I'm not particularly worried about the surgery (I've had 9 knee operations already), but, I guess I am getting anxious to see how much better I feel after recovery and if I can walk "normally" after.The right one is so bad, that the bones have actually worn together and made a new socket. The problem is the "new" socket is not where it should be, so, I walk like a drunken sailor (no flaming please, I was one for twenty years, sailor, not drunken :D). My right leg moves in an arch instead of swinging straight. Not a pretty sight watching a fat guy waddle .. :AGGHH:. Anyway, I'll be glad to get it done.

I really appreciate all the kind thoughts and would really appreciate your prays on the 13th .. I've already started praying.

Thanks for the update Fuzzy...sending prayer notes your way. Keep us informed on your progress afterward! Expecting to see you at Kerrville next year!

Okay, last week was the last of the "prep" and "consult". Definitely scheduled for Monday the 13th at 07:30. Gotta be there by 06:00 ... :AGGHH:

Hardest part is gonna be getting my mom up intake to take me ... LOL. She only recognizes one 6:30 a day, and it isn't am.

Doctor says to figure 1.5 days to 3 days in the hospital ... I'm planning on 1 ... :D ... but then, I like disappointments.

Starting Monday the 6 week countdown to the second one starts. If this keeps up, I might be forty again real soon .. LOL

In our prayers

Fuzz as always we will keep you in our prayers. Please follow the directions you are given for rehab. Walk carefully Fred

Ok Fuzzy, now that you got all your after surgery rehab info, you will have till April to prove yourself :Shrug: I walk like Eigor due to spine problems for the last 50 years, that takes a toll on my hips. Knees are ok.

So take it for what it’s worth and listen to the rehab advice,, I’ll take care of your pup while your healing . Good luck.👍

.When I had my knee replaced, I went in on Friday morning, Surgery at 10:00 AM. Got discharged on Sunday after being able to walk a hundred yards. Went back the following Friday for a look see. Started therapy on Monday. Went back the following Friday and had the staples removed (all 32 of them). Finished therapy when I had 118 degrees of movement.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back