Knee replacement

Well, I got a bit over enthusiastic the other day and decided to go sans cane for almost the whole day.

Sorry to say, I paid for it big time. Pain pill and ice was in order. Day and a half later it feels a h@ll of a lot better again. I suppose I can't shorten the estimated 6 months recovery time.

(Friend of mine told me that I was dumb for not using the ice in a glass of Scotch instead! ;) ) And I had to eat crow with the wife also for overdoing it.

Ah well, don't push things too fast, I guess.

Sorry to hear of your pain in recovery, Jim. Things will get better.

Not making light of your situation however, a couple of "old" cliché's come to mind:

* "This too shall pass"

* "Slow and steady wins the race"

Have you been able to ride your trike yet? Somehow, the thoughts of riding helped me get back "in the wind" faster after suffering mobility issues.

The wife has had both knees replaced. Sept and Dec, back to back. The therapy sure was hard, but just one day she was pretty much able to do what she wanted to do. There's a few things that are out of the question, but she no longer has pain and is happy when we are on the trike. Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back