Help DK Custom Products Build a Trike

Thank you for all the ideas. Keep them coming. We will not be starting/making any decisions until sometime in the first quarter of 2015, so we have lots of time to digest and entertain all options. :)

Kevin

It's getting close to 2015, Devin and I are going to be sitting down in a few weeks to decide what to build.

Any other ideas???

Kevin

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Kevin.
I think you saw my Dyna trike setup when you were here, its comfortable and handles great.
I mentioned a RoadKing because I think it would be a more comfortable setup than the Dyna BUT if you go with air adj shocks like you mention then a SoftTail with floorboards gets my vote.
Im actually starting a RK trike conversion in January and pretty sure im going to Frankenstein it. Have you picked a rearend yet?

A few months late....but, no, we have not chosen a rearend yet.

You still on schedule to do the RK conversion next month?

Kevin

Kevin, with the products you are involved in you must work out of the box. That is what you should think of doing, I think you might be doing that.
The purpose of the trike will have a big influence on what you might need or want.
I like bare bones trikes as I call em.
Here is one I am working on. Actually finished it but painting and a few other odds and ends.
I wanted something light, different looking.
A small removable body is available for this kit.

body

I like what you've done. What kit is that?

Right now Devin and I are vacillating between a stripped down Sporty or Dyna conversion and a Softail conversion. Truth is, we probably do both...but not both of them in 2015.

Kevin

Kevin, with the products you are involved in you must work out of the box. That is what you should think of doing, I think you might be doing that.
The purpose of the trike will have a big influence on what you might need or want.
I like bare bones trikes as I call em.
Here is one I am working on. Actually finished it but painting and a few other odds and ends.
I wanted something light, different looking.
A small removable body is available for this kit.

body

try this on for size?

1800193_730804716942054_2388486452391946819_n.jpg smiles your%20kiilin%20me.gif

Be the first to trike one of the electric models and put it's own hidden power generation unit on it so you don't have plug it in?

smiles-love.gif Solar power generation in the daylight and emergency gas generator at night?
By the time you get done with it it could look something like this in a miniature form?

1391977_868925006473511_5854196937907952288_n.jpg

Well, here's a Trike I built for my wife a few years ago. Started with an '05 FLSTN. She wanted a pro street look, wide back tires, and some storage. She still wins trophy's at the trike shows, and always draws a crowd, even after 4 years on the road.

Attachments

• 4943.jpg
    4943.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 4945.jpg
    4945.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 87
Well, here's a Trike I built for my wife a few years ago. Started with an '05 FLSTN. She wanted a pro street look, wide back tires, and some storage. She still wins trophy's at the trike shows, and always draws a crowd, even after 4 years on the road.

Good simple clean lines!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back