CSC drive shaft question on 06 Goldwing

I have a new to me 2006 goldwing with the CSC trike kit and have been reading about drive shaft issues.I looked under mine and seen that the drive shaft has already been welded under warranty but the rubber coupling has some crackes init.Is this an issue that needs attention now or am i good for a while ?View attachment 114354View attachment 114353

I have a mountain man drive shaft out of my 2008 GW 1800 CSC. I put in for a while good drive shaft, I then change out the gear box on the rear differential, & that came with a different drive shaft. This drive shaft is like new, look them up on line, I will give it to you, you pay shipping .

When we had our 2010 Goldwing CSC Cobra XL trike, we had the changeover kit installed that eliminated the welded driveshaft and the other part. Took a lot of weight off the trike and it sure seemed to be smoother and when starting out in first gear, the take-offs were definitely smoother.

Got the changeover kit from CSC.

I wouldn't worry too much about the cracking rubber. If your trike rides good with little to no vibration than you're good to go. My 2008 did have some vibrations in spite of the driveline being welded. I had the complete driveline updated with the new CSC kit. Cost of the parts and install was a little north of 3 grand. But getting rid of that heavy gear box and it's inefficiencies resulted in an increase of 3 MPG. And the new driveline is bullet proof. Good luck..... Jim

First off welcome to Trike Talk!!! Mine looked about like yours when I got it.I did the update myself after riding it a year.

Shaft was $450.I did for confidence.There is a write up with some pictures here.

I wouldn't worry too much about the cracking rubber. If your trike rides good with little to no vibration than you're good to go. My 2008 did have some vibrations in spite of the driveline being welded. I had the complete driveline updated with the new CSC kit. Cost of the parts and install was a little north of 3 grand. But getting rid of that heavy gear box and it's inefficiencies resulted in an increase of 3 MPG. And the new driveline is bullet proof. Good luck..... Jim

I paid right around $1,500 for our kit and the install. Hopefully you had way more things done.

I know with everything done it got rid of a lot of weight.

My kit was $around there did it myself. The mountain man was around $450.00 easy install nice and smooth.

I have a mountain man drive shaft out of my 2008 GW 1800 CSC. I put in for a while good drive shaft, I then change out the gear box on the rear differential, & that came with a different drive shaft. This drive shaft is like new, look them up on line, I will give it to you, you pay shipping .

I will take that drive shaft - just let me know how much to ship to 60423 frankfort illinois.

Shipping

When shipping try www.pirateship.com

Have been using this for about a year now and a lot of times it is half price of USPS or UPS. That is the 2 ways you can ship your package thru them.

Costs nothing to join.

When shipping you must know the weight, length, height, and width of your package you are shipping. Punch that in along with where you are shipping and it will give you the cost for UPS and for USPS. Then select which you want, pay with credit card, then print off your label.

Attach your label.

You then drop it off at the post office or a UPS shipping place.

You will be surprised at the cost savings!

You can buy extra insurance too if you like.

Quite a few people on other Forums are now using it, since I have posted about it.

it just arrived - thank you !

Did you check Mountain Man for the drive shaft, I don't know if he still makes these, If he's still in business, If you can find installation instruction to see if you have align the u-joint to the rear villosity joint, maybe somebody knows that? Good Luck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back