CSC drive shaft question on 06 Goldwing

Did you check Mountain Man for the drive shaft, I don't know if he still makes these, If he's still in business, If you can find installation instruction to see if you have align the u-joint to the rear villosity joint, maybe somebody knows that? Good Luck

If that was the guy in NC I think he passed and the business closed.

MM shaft install

Did you check Mountain Man for the drive shaft, I don't no if he still makes these, If he's still in business, If you can find installation instruction to see if you have align the u-joint to the rear villosity joint, maybe somebody knows that? Good Luck

anyone have the instructions for the mountain man drive shaft install? I need about a 1/4" more to get it mounted but no matter what i do i can't get enough clearance to mount the rear cv joint section.

anyone have the instructions for the mountain man drive shaft install? I need about a 1/4" more to get it mounted but no matter what i do i can't get enough clearance to mount the rear cv joint section.

Yes Like Marc H said you have to loosen or remove the for bolts that hold the differential housing in place move it a little catch the driveshaft bolts put it back together. Just Google Mountain Man GL 1800 CSC driveshaft installation there's some videos on it .

Shaft install

Yes Like Marc H said you have to loosen or remove the for bolts that hold the differential housing in place move it a little catch the driveshaft bolts put it back together. Just Google Mountain Man GL 1800 CSC driveshaft installation there's some videos on it .

Mine has the gearbox attached to the reared so the 4 bolt thing won’t work unless the gearbox is removed.

Mine has the gearbox attached to the reared so the 4 bolt thing won’t work unless the gearbox is removed.

Mine was the same as yours. There's 4 bolts on the bottom of the rear differential housing remove them then put the drive shaft in, put the bolts back .

here's a few of the mounting plate.Are the bolts with the 12 point head the ones that need removed ?

second picture, the four 12 point bolts take them out move the center section back a bit put the drive shaft in bolt it back together.

MM shaft install

second picture, the four 12 point bolts take them out move the center section back a bit put the drive shaft in bolt it back together.

I removed those 4 bolts and the rear end won't budge.I still say it won't move because it's still bolted to the transfer case which is bolted to the frame.If i have to separate the rear end from the transfer case i might as well take the whole thing apart and buy the CSC upgrade kit.I don't know if there's a difference but this goldwing is an 2003 not 2006 as the thread title says - my bad.frustrated...

shaft install

I just found out that the 06 shaft is longer than the 03 so it's not going to fit .Thanks anyway.

I need to find one that fits a 2003.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back