Anyone else?

Yeah it is still a work in progress.

Still thinking of a few more pieces.

Since this pic I have widened it so it is wider than the frame tubes.

Next might be something on the top side to blend in better.

Sorta liking the general attitude, just not there yet.

The dune/bug cap looks more "custom", but the flatter original cap isn't too bad either. Bit more work to incorporate the buggy cap body wise but you seem fully capable of getting the job done, if that's the direction you decide to go.

Since you're asking, I'd be more partial to the original. Even better if the center vent on the orig. can somehow "go away".

Does your f/i need to be a "closed" system? Not too hard to "plug" venting on either of those caps, if needed...

I am an old dirt bike guy, make me prefer the dirt gas cap style.

I need a vented cap. Might even use the hose vent.

The dune buggy cap free vents right there, might be messy. I had it for the stealth tank idea that did not work out how I hoped.

Amazingly difficult to weld 22g metal now that it is so hard to see. What a pain getting old. The combination of bifocals and cheater lenses makes for a very small sweet spot that I can see in. I suppose if I was a welder or had to weld often I could get a prescription just for the application.

tank/eyes

I like that tank....reminds me of the muscled shoulders on PBR bulls! welding with tired old eyes.... for stick...i use the lightest shade you can get...forgot the #.... the extra lite acts like stronger bifocals, at least for me. If u do a bunch of wire welding u need a dark one tho.

Sorry folks.

Looks like photobucket has gone over the edge with us. I was using their back up and sharing app, but now they want $399 a year for a subscription.

Well that ain't gonna happen.

I am working on getting all my pics somewhere local instead of on a web based app.

Then getting a copy to the trike talk server.

And then with a lot of admin help restoring my two main threads.

I do not know how long this may take as I have around 1500 pics dedicated to these two threads.

I am in the same situation Rex. Looks like I will have to pay the $399 a month ransom ware fee. I have 10 years worth of linked pictures and sponsor's banner ads that I built and host on Photobucket and I cannot afford to lose them. Fortunately I have been on a paid plan since 2008 so they didn't just suddenly kill my pics and banners like they did to all the free users, but I have to upgrade to the $399 a month plan to keep them. They have us commercial users by the gonads and they know it.

Well mine has no commercial value other than it might help to create traffic through here and people then see your banners.

But I am more upset over the tech thread than this one. This one is more hubris and then tech tech tech was more to help others.

I did sign up on one of the other photo sharing sites.

No idea how long it will work.

How do I go back and edit all my old post with new links?

I do not have an edit button to be able to do that.

I am not an admin.

The rebuild thread album is about 1200 pics.

Tech tech tech album about 200 pics.I work a lot, but I would eventually get through it all.

I see I have an edit button for a while on just my last post.

I've been storing "files" on drop box for years (free up to 5 gigs) I don't use it for pictures, just some stuff for work ... owners manuals pdf's, some tech manuals, etc. nothing personal. I also use it to sync some apps. It's been very reliable and very easy to use. I can email a link to owners manuals to customers and they can get enough info to be dangerous ... :AGGHH:

I also use drop box to share files.

My engine adapter extension thing should be there. I have shared the design file a few times.

For pictures though.

Here is a free one that works.

Don't know how long.

https://postimages.org

I have my pictures and have them reduced in size.

Zook was working on getting me edit privilege.

But I imagine he is busy sorting out his own photobucket mess.

Well folks it had been about a month since I have done anything with my project.

I have had a spell with my health that has not gone away and the doctors can not explain. Have had all the heart and stroke test, blood work, monitors and everything the doctor can think of.

They tell me not only am I in good health but in excellent heath.

But I still continue to pass out and loose feeling in my right side.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back