What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Rain good time to work...

I have been planning to install power port in TP for sometime finished up today after church. I used 14 gage wire fused just off battery so not to have any problems down road so to speak. Last fall we stopped for fuel and an Ultra Limited there also was all pimped out with LED's bride liked them so.... for her I added a few under the fuel tank don't believe I will add any more though. :friends: God Bless America :high5: travel safely Fred

Attachments

• DSC00530.JPG
    DSC00530.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC00526.JPG
    DSC00526.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC00520.JPG
    DSC00520.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC00522.JPG
    DSC00522.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 271
Replacing clutch cable

I got the garage arranged for working on the trike, got it up on ramps and took the exhaust off so I could get to the transmission side cover.

Going to add a few things while I have access room.

KIMG0387.jpg

Clutch cable and reverse

While I had everything apart to replace the cable, I installed a mechanical reverse.

The foil does a good job of keeping the trans fluid off of the frame.

Notice the two new gears.

reverse gears.jpeg

Added the gear housing.

reversehousing.jpeg

Assembly complete with new clutch cable.

reverse complete.jpeg

Now I have to put the exhaust back on. It came off a lot easier than it went on the first time.

While I had everything apart to replace the cable, I installed a mechanical reverse.

The foil does a good job of keeping the trans fluid off of the frame.

Notice the two new gears.

View attachment 44604

Added the gear housing.

View attachment 44605

Assembly complete with new clutch cable.

View attachment 44606

Now I have to put the exhaust back on. It came off a lot easier than it went on the first time.

Is your reverse a Baker.....:Shrug: I have the Mototrike. With the cut out harness.

Rode to my granddaughters softball game. Was wondering why it's bouncing the s*^t out of me. Town roads are herendus here. Had a street sweeper pass my house. I gues the town can't afford pot hole filler, they would rather sweep ------Waite, theirs nothing to sweep, only salt is used, no more sand or cinders :Shrug: Politics :gah:

Rode to my granddaughters softball game. Was wondering why it's bouncing the s*^t out of me. Town roads are herendus here. Had a street sweeper pass my house. I gues the town can't afford pot hole filler, they would rather sweep ------Waite, theirs nothing to sweep, only salt is used, no more sand or cinders :Shrug: Politics :gah:

Believe it or not....EPA rule's All towns have to sweep up the salt...Even though its a wast of money and time, The towns still have buy a sweeper and go though the motions...

Never, in 25 years, have I ever done what I did this morning!

Pulled the TG out into the driveway and left it there. Mary is washing it and detailing it on her own today.

She's helped me plenty of times, but never have I pawned the whole thing off on her...plus, it's been months since it was cleaned. :xzqxz:

We have a booth this Saturday at the Mid-South Biker Bash that it needs to be clean for.

Mid-South-Biker-Bash-800_zpsioahejga.png

Kevin

Never, in 25 years, have I ever done what I did this morning!

Pulled the TG out into the driveway and left it there. Mary is washing it and detailing it on her own today.

She's helped me plenty of times, but never have I pawned the whole thing off on her...plus, it's been months since it was cleaned. :xzqxz:

We have a booth this Saturday at the Mid-South Biker Bash that it needs to be clean for.

Mid-South-Biker-Bash-800_zpsioahejga.png

Kevin

It's called Love and dedication knowing the importance of having it ready for the show.:good: Travel safely Fred

It's called Love and dedication knowing the importance of having it ready for the show.:good: Travel safely Fred

Got home and it was dark...but pulled it in and she had done a bang-up job cleaning it! :) I think it's the cleanest its' been since it was new. :D

Will take pics tomorrow at the show.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back