What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Well, don't I feel like an idiot. When I bought my 2016 Tri-Glide I was told a drink holder will not fit on it for the passenger. Then one day I'm looking at Kevin's Web Page and I see he has one that will fit the 2016 for the passenger!?

I ordered the passenger holder tonight which will make my wife super happy since she has been greatly missing having a cup holder since we traded a GoldWing Motorcycle for the Tri-Glide.

Now, if I can just figure out if I should get the "perch mount" or the bar mount for me up front. I have stock bars...not much room to hang stuff.

Well, don't I feel like an idiot. When I bought my 2016 Tri-Glide I was told a drink holder will not fit on it for the passenger. Then one day I'm looking at Kevin's Web Page and I see he has one that will fit the 2016 for the passenger!?

I ordered the passenger holder tonight which will make my wife super happy since she has been greatly missing having a cup holder since we traded a GoldWing Motorcycle for the Tri-Glide.

Now, if I can just figure out if I should get the "perch mount" or the bar mount for me up front. I have stock bars...not much room to hang stuff.

Yeah, Mary really, really enjoys having her coffee cup holder!

Stock bars don't afford a lot of room for hanging stuff off, but those mounts can contort to all kinds of weird angles...just keep trying different ways til it clears everything.

Kevin

Rode up to the dealer for the yearly inspection. Once that was done, came home because it was supposed to rain which of course it didn't. I could have ridden it to the store that sells our renewal sticker for the plate. Great that they do. No need to wait in line at the tax office.

Lots Of Good Stuff

Let's see, so far I've installed (all from DK Customs):

- Rear Lift for Shocks (highly recommended, makes a HUGE difference in handling and my shoulders thank me)

- 1 1/2" Deluxe Tank Lift (front and rear)

- Floorboard extensions

- Trike Touring Deflector Wings

- Premium Discrete Breather System

- Chrome Bobber Style Complete HiFlow Air Cleaner for TwinCam

- DynoJet Power Vision Flash Tuner with AutoTune

- V&H Trike Deluxe Slip-on Mufflers

To be installed:

- Kuryakin Brake Pedal Extender

- Tour-Pak Relocator Kit

- Oil Filter Relocation/Oil Cooler Combo for H-D Trikes

I do have a question on how to mount the oil cooler on the Twin-Cooled Trike; there doesn't appear to be enough clearance between the frame downtube and the coolant line for the plastic mounting brackets to fit. I'm assuming the coolant bracket bolted to the frame crossmember needs to be loosened and moved over to the starboard/right side of the crossmember?

Fester

2015 TriGlide

Added some .50 cal dummy rounds to my trike (run with a vet group, attend many functions, and slowly building a theme to my scoot). I never use ratio or cb (run spotify through phone connected to aux jack), so I dont miss the reception loss

Cost was under 30 bucks (already had drill & tap set on hand, as well as red loctite)

2017-04-04_18.45.36_zpso2jvlzcg.jpg

2017-04-04_18.46.20_zpstxrmvi7d.jpg

ETA: After pitting several thousand on it over the winter (through cold, rain, sleet, & snow), finally gave it a deep cleaning yesterday, first time since end of September (including scrubbing all the road salt off the undercarriage)...can finally tell it's two-tone & metallic blue again <3

Last edited:
Let's see, so far I've installed (all from DK Customs):

- Rear Lift for Shocks (highly recommended, makes a HUGE difference in handling and my shoulders thank me)

- 1 1/2" Deluxe Tank Lift (front and rear)

- Floorboard extensions

- Trike Touring Deflector Wings

- Premium Discrete Breather System

- Chrome Bobber Style Complete HiFlow Air Cleaner for TwinCam

- DynoJet Power Vision Flash Tuner with AutoTune

- V&H Trike Deluxe Slip-on Mufflers

To be installed:

- Kuryakin Brake Pedal Extender

- Tour-Pak Relocator Kit

- Oil Filter Relocation/Oil Cooler Combo for H-D Trikes

I do have a question on how to mount the oil cooler on the Twin-Cooled Trike; there doesn't appear to be enough clearance between the frame downtube and the coolant line for the plastic mounting brackets to fit. I'm assuming the coolant bracket bolted to the frame crossmember needs to be loosened and moved over to the starboard/right side of the crossmember?

Fester

2015 TriGlide

Wow, that is great! I'm sure your enjoying your TG with these mods.

There is some hardware that comes with the Dual Cool oil cooler that spaces the lines out, giving enough room for the clamps.

Kevin

Added some .50 cal dummy rounds to my trike (run with a vet group, attend many functions, and slowly building a theme to my scoot). I never use ratio or cb (run spotify through phone connected to aux jack), so I dont miss the reception loss

Cost was under 30 bucks (already had drill & tap set on hand, as well as red loctite)

View attachment 44049

View attachment 44050

ETA: After pitting several thousand on it over the winter (through cold, rain, sleet, & snow), finally gave it a deep cleaning yesterday, first time since end of September (including scrubbing all the road salt off the undercarriage)...can finally tell it's two-tone & metallic blue again <3

Very cool...just don't bump into them. :)

Kevin

Added S&S head pipes, Full Boar mufflers, S&S 557 cam w/cam drive, PV tuner, Dynojet Autotuner, 10" Kromewerks bars, HD Contour grips, 10" HD windsplitter shield, HD chrome shield trim..uh...I think thats about it *Bubba voice...

Rode it quite a bit last week. We had a cold snap, and it was nice to have the fairings. :)

Also been testing a new External Breather System.

Devin%20Carl_zpscvor3h3m.jpg

Kevin

Many months ago my reverse started going bad.

About a month ago I took it in for them to replace it under warranty.

They checked it out and said, yep it's bad, but we don't have one in stock, it'll be about a week.

I took it back home. Finally took it back in yesterday to get it replaced. They got it done in less than 2 hours.

Sure is nice to have my reverse again! :)

Clean%20TG%203-4-17%20a_zpswah44kog.jpg

I think the weather has finally turned...probably time to put my shorter windshield on.

Kevin

Not today, but this winter...

Under warranty:

• Complete new trunk
  • new radio, because of damaged navigation by FW-update

Ordered by me:

• Baker reverse - great thing
  • SE 255 camshafts with stronger valve springs
  • DK comfort lift kit
  • Penzl exhaust with manual "volume" control :D

Now it drives really more comfortable and steers better, has more tourque from lower revolutions, the sound is with closed valve a bit louder, but deep and mellow, if open, it turns to inferno :D

The reverse is a big increase over the original...I think driving forward is overestimated :laugh:

For all this I spent a lot of money, but it's worth, every cent!

Put the VIED 10 on today and rode about 90 miles. All stock except for de-cat headpipe and set at 65%. So far runs very good, no popping that I can tell. Maybe stock mufflers are hiding any poping, but don't know. Main reason I did this was to help cool the engine down a little.

More miles bigger the smiles!

Just think how much fun it will be when you get really on to it. Dude we love our triglide.:good:Send us a few pictures when you have a chance maybe on a rainy day. travel safely Fred

Picked up my new / used 1,400 miles Tri at the dealer and had a 100 mile ride home. Great weather, great scenery. Really wondering why I didn't do this sooner.....ITS GREAT!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back