What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Those look really nice. Back quite a few years ago I got a trim kit. I cheaped out (yeah, I know) and got it off ebay. When the kit arrived, no matter what I tried, they just did not fit right. I tried to return them, they did not want the kit back, but they did refund my payment. Guess they knew the kits were junk and hand no use for getting it back.

One day I will get a real kit, like what you have. Looks really good!

Kevin

With the dash bling ... I got a $20 debit card ... well a picture of one to be used at a dealer. I went to the dealer and ordered some more bling ... doing my part to stimilate the economy ... :AGGHH:

Ordered these tour pak side marker lights chrome trim:

Tour Pak Side Marker Trim 2.jpeg

Tour Pak Side Marker Trim 3.jpeg

And these Tour Pak Rear Light Trim:

Tour-Pak Rear Tail Light Trim 2.jpeg

Tour-Pak Rear Tail Light Trim 1.jpeg

I'll post more Pics when they get here and are installed.

Shocks might not happen today. I broke a glass and cut the snot out of my left thumb and pointer finger. Took about 45 minutes to get the bleeding stopped, I have butterflies on both cuts and don't think I should wrench for a couple days. Good news, with the butterflies, I was able to get it cleaned up a tad and some big bandaids on them. Really good news, it was my left hand, I'm so right handed, I doubt I could of got the bleeding stopped with only my left ... :AGGHH: ... because I tend to get hurt ... a lot ... I keep a first aide kit in my Jeep, trike and my bed room. You never know when I will need it :blush: .. I tell people, I have them incase someone needs them, but we all know the real reason.

View attachment 86781

Two things i always have close at hand... 1st a first aid kit.....2nd TP because i will either cut myself or s&%$# myself when i cut myself.

Reactions: MDO
Decatted Headpipe

I had been reading here and elsewhere about decatting the stock headpipe on my '14 to accomplish various ends. A good friend offered a take off pipe from decatting his 103 and actually removed the Cat for me. Yesterday, another good friend swapped the pipes, stock to decatted stock, for me.

These pipes go into a set of RCxhaust slip on slash-cuts. There is definitely a loader exhaust note. I haven't taken it on the road yet, that happens today when it warms up a little here in West Michigan. I'll post my impression.

How did you raise your gas tank Lifted 2 inch in front and half in back. Thanks
As others have said DK Customs has different height lift kits I chose 2". I wanted to make sure my 2+2 Wide sweeper Khrome werks bars would clear or was it make sure the bars cleared the tank well anyway. What the tank lift will do is push more air on the motor which is a good thing, less air in your face and chest area another good thing. Along with the cooler motor and less buffeting you can also clean the rocker boxes much easier. To me this is second to having a cooler motor these heat monsters need all the help they can get. While we are discussing tank lifts also look at the air deflectors Kevin markets these little wings sure compliment the tank lift to really do a complete job of air control and direction. I included an old picture before the air deflectors so you can see how the fit. Ride safe Fred

DSC00139.JPGDSC00488.JPGDSC00273.JPG

Tour PaK Bling

So the fingers are healing, slowly. I can now hold my phone in the left hand using the thumb, so progress.

The Tour Pak bling came in yesterday and I wanted to mount it. The instructions are a bit off, or maybe it's me, but, after reading them a couple times, I finally understood them.

First, if you're gonna do this, make sure you wipe the tour pak light several times with the alcohol. I think I did it three or four times. After the first couple, there was this white residue on the black, guessing some kind of wax :Shrug:. But, if you mount the 3M tape and anything is loose, you will loose the pieces in the wind.

This is after 2 wipes, it was gone before I mounted the bling:

Residue.jpeg

Next, the instructions talk about masking tape and alignment. Bottom line, after wiping the light down, you test fit both corner pieces and the middle piece. When the middle piece is centered between the two corner pieces, mark the tape on the center piece and tour pak to allow you to center it before the corner pieces are installed.

Tape.jpeg

Next you put the corner pieces on. There is not a lot of overlap, so the center piece being centered is kind of important.

After that, comes the tour pak side marker light trim. Little tip, start with the curve near the back, get that set, then work forward. The right one gave me fits until I figured that out (instruction are mute on this). The left one went smooth, starting in the back. These are very finicky about being perfectly aligned, play with the fit before you remove the backing paper. The alcohol cleaning was way easier on these as you are literally wiping down the lenses and the tour pak.

Right:

Right.jpeg

Left:

Left.jpeg

Overall Done:

Done.jpeg

The instructions say to allow the adhesive to cure for twenty four hours, I'm guessing before you fire up the beast because vibration might knock it off. The tour pak rear light is not a concern in my judgement, but, the side marker lights could be. We'll see what happens.

Apology: I tried to get angles that did NOT show my fat a$$ in the picks, but, I failed. Sorry to ruin your breakfast.

Got the battery put in my2019 triglide and had to take a trip into town. Put 60 miles on it and forgot to order by sub for supper. oh I forgot to mention i'm only 8 miles from town. Had tears in my eyes, don't know whether they were from the wind and cold, allergies, or just glad to be out riding. By the way did another ride of 20 miles had to get that sub for supper.

Sounds about right

Got the battery put in my2019 triglide and had to take a trip into town. Put 60 miles on it and forgot to order by sub for supper. oh I forgot to mention i'm only 8 miles from town. Had tears in my eyes, don't know whether they were from the wind and cold, allergies, or just glad to be out riding. By the way did another ride of 20 miles had to get that sub for supper.
Seems you have played this game before LOL good for you. :good: Travel safe Fred

Tank Lift, cooling deflector wings & Floorboard extensions

Had fun today putting on some DK Custom Product items to help with cooling.

The 1.5 inch Tank Lift Kit (with rear lift included) worked well with my TSK Mayhem Bagger handle bars. From the look of things the 2" lift would have caused interference with the tank and bars on full turns so I'm glad I guessed right on choosing the 1.5".

Installed the Cooling Deflector Wings. Had to use a flex joint on my socket to tighten the tank bolts. The wings don't allow a straight clear shot to the tank bolts.

Installed the Floor Board Extensions which is a great improvement for the ankle comfort on the right side. The heat on the right side had me riding with my foot out on the very edge of the floorboard. Here in Florida it is not uncommon to jump on the trike with shorts on and flip flops or in low top tennis shoes for those quick runs around town and the heat was excessive. The test run today with low top tennis shoes was totally comfortable. Problem fixed.

Had fun today putting on some DK Custom Product items to help with cooling.

The 1.5 inch Tank Lift Kit (with rear lift included) worked well with my TSK Mayhem Bagger handle bars. From the look of things the 2" lift would have caused interference with the tank and bars on full turns so I'm glad I guessed right on choosing the 1.5".

Installed the Cooling Deflector Wings. Had to use a flex joint on my socket to tighten the tank bolts. The wings don't allow a straight clear shot to the tank bolts.

Installed the Floor Board Extensions which is a great improvement for the ankle comfort on the right side. The heat on the right side had me riding with my foot out on the very edge of the floorboard. Here in Florida it is not uncommon to jump on the trike with shorts on and flip flops or in low top tennis shoes for those quick runs around town and the heat was excessive. The test run today with low top tennis shoes was totally comfortable. Problem fixed.
Congratulations not only you were comfortable but also a great step in preventing heat damage to your motor. With that said you will find more money for more bling LOL good job :good: Fred

Convertible Comfort Lift

Installed the DKCP Convertible Comfort Lift on my trike today. Had to use the secondary holes because the full lift holes were no where close to aligning with the bolt holes. There was a need to lower the axle to align with the full lift holes which wasn't possible. I tried lifting the axle from the gear shield but it made the alignment worse. I felt during installation that there was very little difference in the DKCP bracket and the stock bracket when you use the secondary holes and maybe I had wasted my money. However after install (which isn't easy) I noticed quite a difference in height when I put my feet down to roll the trike out of the garage. Also during my test ride I am looking way over my stock windshield now. Undecided as to if this is a more comfortable ride or not. That will come when I do a long ride to see how the comfort level has changed. I'm buying in from all the comments that this is a more comfortable riding position but time will tell. I'll report back after a few hundred miles or so on the comfort level due to the lift.

Thanks to Fearless (Fred} for the nice comments to my last post on this thread.

Ride after installing lift kit

I have now had Sherman('17 TG) out twice for short rides since installing the lift kit and replacing the rear tires. I can say that the ride is different for the better. Steering through corners and curves is easier. I like being able to look over the windshield even when I slouch a bit. Definitely took the harshness out of the bumps. I am running Legend shocks and now feel that they are doing what they are supposed to do. For me, removing the mufflers made the install much easier. It also gave me an opportunity to give the mufflers a good cleaning and swap sides. I wish that I had not waited for 45K miles to do the install.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back