What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

I walked past old Shiney in the garage looked down and wouldn't you know it :( more oil smudges and fingerprints!:gah: no leaks just smudges. And I don't think I was anywhere near where they were.. Go figure. :Shrug: So... out with the cleaning stuff well you know the rest lol.:D ride safe Fred

View attachment 86563

Old Shiney sure is living up to it's name...looking good Fred ThumbUp

I have a wish list of things that I'd like to do to my trike on HD's store site. My mom gave me an early Birthday present (not until August), by ordering the dash bling I had on my wish list. She didn't mention this and when it arrived I was surprised to see an HD package :Shrug:.When I brought it into the house to open, she explained she wanted me to be able to install it and be ready to ride when we can. Pretty nice of her.Anyway, she gave me the gauge trim and the radio bezel trim. Put them on and took the pic.BeforeView attachment 86561

AfterView attachment 86553[/

I see that Harley dog’s reflection...:clapping: 🐾

I'm riding most everyday, just wandering around some country lanes.

But yesterday my riding had an actual purpose.* Dwayne and I did some videos in different locations.* Here's a photo of one place we filmed.

4-22%20Vid%2034.jpg

4-22%20Vid%202.jpg

You can see more photos of yesterday in this THREAD.

Kevin

I'm riding most everyday, just wandering around some country lanes.

But yesterday my riding had an actual purpose.* Dwayne and I did some videos in different locations.* Here's a photo of one place we filmed.

4-22%20Vid%202.jpg

You can see more photos of yesterday in this THREAD.

Kevin

Looking Good Kevin ... I am so looking forward to getting out there to see "Green Country" ... My neck of the desert is Home ... but, some green would be nice.

Looky What Came Today .... Time to Get Out the Wrenches

Shocks.jpg

Lift.jpg

I have a project to finish tomorrow ... but ... Might get to them starting later tomorrow. Made a promise to help Mom Saturday ... not sure when that is ... LOL. Sunday is CPAP and Fish Tank Cleaning Day ... Monday is supposed to be 80* & sunny, sounds like if not before, Monday is a go.

View attachment 86596

View attachment 86597

I have a project to finish tomorrow ... but ... Might get to them starting later tomorrow. Made a promise to help Mom Saturday ... not sure when that is ... LOL. Sunday is CPAP and Fish Tank Cleaning Day ... Monday is supposed to be 80* & sunny, sounds like if not before, Monday is a go.
When you get that done you ride will forever be so nice Congratulations Alan... :good: Fred

Never done

Over the winter I installed new tires 205X70Rx15 Just a little higher turned out as far as I'm concerned a great change in gearing. Now here's the problem my wonderful bride and riding companion has been blessed with short legs. Everytime she has climbed on the trike I've heard about how high it is now. So today I lowered the footrest one hole for her. Now everything is right in passenger land and I'm forgiven for messing with her ride! Happy Wife Happy Life for sure! LOL... FredDSC01601.JPG

Over the winter I installed new tires 205X70Rx15 Just a little higher turned out as far as I'm concerned a great change in gearing. Now here's the problem my wonderful bride and riding companion has been blessed with short legs. Everytime she has climbed on the trike I've heard about how high it is now. So today I lowered the footrest one hole for her. Now everything is right in passenger land and I'm forgiven for messing with her ride! Happy Wife Happy Life for sure! LOL... FredView attachment 86656

Keep her Happy Fred ... she's a keeper.

Installed my DK 1.5” deluxe lift with the cdw’s. Not to bad, right side was a pain in the butt. Had to take the reservoir off and move cables around. Still had a hard time with the top nut, these old fingers ain’t what the used to be lol.

View attachment 86764

Looking Good ... your engine will thank you ... :D

Mod to my Butler drink holder.

I've been into the Yeti 36 oz rambler water bottle. It was just too big to fit in the Kuryakyn "basket" thing. I like the Kuryakyn a lot, and it fits the smaller (26 oz I think) yeti rambler well. I just think the 36 oz has better insulation and I can keep Ice Tea cold all day, even after I top it off a couple of times with just 6 cubes of ice. So on a long ride, like days, it would be sweet to have the extra volume (I was incubated roughly when given anesthesia they nor I didn't knew I was allergic to ... resulted in clinical death) to drink at all times, even at night, incase the scaring in my throat dries out.

Anyway, I've been noodling on this for awhile and did come up with an okay solution. The 24 oz Butler ring my ex used to use fits the 36 oz yeti perfectly, with a little friction. When riding, if I hit a bump, it will slide down a bit. The goal was to make something that would limit the downward movement.

To be honest, I was up against the wall, no ideas, until I modded/repaired the Pet Palace. I shortened the straps on the Pet Palace so they wouldn't flip around in the wind. I had some strapping left that I cut off. Alan doesn't throw much away. Today I saw it on my dresser and the idea came to mind.

I notched the Butler ring so the straps could be attached and not lose any internal diameter. Mounted them in an X and voila, one modded drink holder. The Kuryakyn and the Modded Butler can be swapped out with a hand nut (same one the butler uses) very easily.

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0057.jpeg

IMG_0058.jpg

Opps

Shocks might not happen today. I broke a glass and cut the snot out of my left thumb and pointer finger. Took about 45 minutes to get the bleeding stopped, I have butterflies on both cuts and don't think I should wrench for a couple days. Good news, with the butterflies, I was able to get it cleaned up a tad and some big bandaids on them. Really good news, it was my left hand, I'm so right handed, I doubt I could of got the bleeding stopped with only my left ... :AGGHH: ... because I tend to get hurt ... a lot ... I keep a first aide kit in my Jeep, trike and my bed room. You never know when I will need it :blush: .. I tell people, I have them incase someone needs them, but we all know the real reason.

IMG_0059.jpeg

Don’t know Fuzzy :Shrug: Duct tape it !

You need to be one of those “ I’ll try it “ guys that try new products with a quality report.

Change those shocks and get some grease on those bandages ....

Don’t know Fuzzy :Shrug: Duct tape it !

You need to be one of those “ I’ll try it “ guys that try new products with a quality report.

Change those shocks and get some grease on those bandages ....

Don't think it's gonna happen today. Went out and removed the python from the trailer to hold the front wheel while jacking the trike up ... when I got it off (4 screws and I used an electric drill, 5 minutes), the thumb was dripping blood again. Had to redo the butterflies and bandages.

I think discretion is the better part of valor in this case. Maybe tomorrow, but, probably the end of the week or the week after. I've put a couple of layers of paper towel over the thumb as padding. Maybe if I don't bang it, I can get the shocks on sooner.

Always something :Shrug:

Don't think it's gonna happen today. Went out and removed the python from the trailer to hold the front wheel while jacking the trike up ... when I got it off (4 screws and I used an electric drill, 5 minutes), the thumb was dripping blood again. Had to redo the butterflies and bandages.

I think discretion is better part of valor in this case. Maybe tomorrow, but, probably the end of the week or the week after. I've put a couple of layers of paper towel over the thumb as padding. Maybe if I don't bang it, I can get the shocks on sooner.

Always something :Shrug:
Patients my friend Patients let it heal we take a little longer now. I am extremely careful about those sort of things

the last while back. :good:Take care fuz. Fred

Installed my DK 1.5” deluxe lift with the cdw’s. Not to bad, right side was a pain in the butt. Had to take the reservoir off and move cables around. Still had a hard time with the top nut, these old fingers ain’t what the used to be lol.

View attachment 86764

That looks really good! I hope you don't mind we put your photo on the website.

Next time you do a Tank Lift, raise the front of the tank up, so you don't have to get your fingers between the backbone and the tank ears. Yeah, I know it's a bit late now, but may help others.

Enjoy your new mods!

Kevin

Shocks might not happen today. I broke a glass and cut the snot out of my left thumb and pointer finger. Took about 45 minutes to get the bleeding stopped, I have butterflies on both cuts and don't think I should wrench for a couple days. Good news, with the butterflies, I was able to get it cleaned up a tad and some big bandaids on them. Really good news, it was my left hand, I'm so right handed, I doubt I could of got the bleeding stopped with only my left ... :AGGHH: ... because I tend to get hurt ... a lot ... I keep a first aide kit in my Jeep, trike and my bed room. You never know when I will need it :blush: .. I tell people, I have them incase someone needs them, but we all know the real reason.

View attachment 86781

OUCH! :xzqxz:

Heal up!

Kevin

I have a wish list of things that I'd like to do to my trike on HD's store site. My mom gave me an early Birthday present (not until August), by ordering the dash bling I had on my wish list. She didn't mention this and when it arrived I was surprised to see an HD package :Shrug:.

When I brought it into the house to open, she explained she wanted me to be able to install it and be ready to ride when we can. Pretty nice of her.

Anyway, she gave me the gauge trim and the radio bezel trim. Put them on and took the pic.

Before

View attachment 86561

AfterView attachment 86553

Those look really nice. Back quite a few years ago I got a trim kit. I cheaped out (yeah, I know) and got it off ebay. When the kit arrived, no matter what I tried, they just did not fit right. I tried to return them, they did not want the kit back, but they did refund my payment. Guess they knew the kits were junk and hand no use for getting it back.

One day I will get a real kit, like what you have. Looks really good!

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back