What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

I ordered the Fort kit yesterday and it was delivered today no special delivery just that good of service rendered my a great American Company. I know what I will be doing this weekend. Time to get out the shop manual and tools. :D wrench safely Fred

Will be looking for your usual great detailed report on the project along with the photos. Have fun!

I am glad Fred will be experienced with the fork work. What a guy, he said he would ride over here to help install my 14" shocks & fork kit when it comes. Prob, late May -early June. Be good to see him & Jeanne again. They can stay the nite or 2 if they wish & I will have to take them out for a Steak dinner. Hoping they can ride to Tx in the Fall for that gathering.

You know Fred ... you might wanna get Zook to send you a rake kit too ... seems like a lot of work for just one upgrade ... :D ... your lovely bride wouldn't mind ... much ... :D
No Can't do that now maxed out my upgrade budget, next winter I think that may happen. I say it needs to be easier to steer my arm's hurt at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D Fred

The inner faring is much different but I heard it is easier to get apart. Fred

I would sat no to rake.

I think with your bars,front end ,& shocks ,,,you will be fine. I rode mine 45K & did not feel any problems with arms. Maybe with stock bars But I didn't have those either. ride it like ya stole Fred.

Glad you mentioned the oil, I will have to have George send me some also/

The inner faring is much different but I heard it is easier to get apart. Fred

You just keep reminding me of things. I have to look at this new one. I always worry about pulling the ignition. Last time I never could get it back right. Finally was able to start,load in trailer & run it to dealer. They graciously came out with a tool & realigned. No Charge.

You just keep reminding me of things. I have to look at this new one. I always worry about pulling the ignition. Last time I never could get it back right. Finally was able to start,load in trailer & run it to dealer. They graciously came out with a tool & realigned. No Charge.
It's almost worth and I said (almost) worth buy a alignment tool as much as some change things ya know. This afternoon I realized that I needed a fork clamp slash vise securement for working on the Legs so I made one lined it with Thin shim bearing material strips (no scratches or marks of any kind). I get pictures tomorrow as I progress through the project. I have go re-read the section about pulling the switch out the only scary part of the job LOL. :AGGHH:travel safe Fred

Dinner break update

I never got started till lunch time I have it apart now going to start on rebuilding the legs after Dinner. I had to go buy an 1 3/8" wrench for the cap nuts on the legs, It was either that or take the batwing clean off "Nata" so bought the wrench. Finish up later will post pictures, pray the ignition switch goes back in properly... just sayin... Fred

Harley and the Fat Bottom Girl

I never got started till lunch time I have it apart now going to start on rebuilding the legs after Dinner. I had to go buy an 1 3/8" wrench for the cap nuts on the legs, It was either that or take the batwing clean off "Nata" so bought the wrench. Finish up later will post pictures, pray the ignition switch goes back in properly... just sayin... Fred

I'll be praying for ya with the switch, I've only pulled one apart once ... hope I never have to again ... :AGGHH:

As for me ... I got a call, the gal who normally hosts Holiday meals for a few of us called and told me she had to put her male show dachshund down. He was her only male that had just turned 15. Cute little guy. kind of sad. I decided I really needed to clear the head ... Put the Pet Palace on the the Fat Bottom Girl and Harley and I Headed on a "longer ride". We never left the Valley, ya know, for any eyes and ears that might be watching or listening.

We headed west, toward my favorite burger place, even though I know it's not open. Never got there, but, did get in a good head clearing ride, over a hundred and fifty miles. Harley had a ball. I stopped at a pull out, down a dirt road and let him walk around the desert for awhile, he barked, ran, barked some more. He did his business, which I cleaned up and we headed home. He's been snoring since we got home. Did my old heart good to see him so happy.

After Dinner break

Well this is an experience a little more than I thought. First I had to buy a set of huge combination wrenches to get one 1 3/8" as it turns out. One problem solved it was for the top nut on legs. Next the plug for the fender tip light would not come through the space for it to clear, tried to release pins in plug Nada so snip I will splice it is in a sheltered place anyway (didn't want to do it but)... Next the video from Pro Action shows removing bottom plug bolt that holds the damper rods after unloading top spring. Well that may work with new ones but not old Shiney. I reinstalled and load spring to load the damper rod to get the bolt out, done not easy but done. Now I have one more to dissemble and clean and reassemble figure on doing that in a bit. The damper rod plug is now out and draining oil reason for tall cold glass of water). Tomorrow after I watch a little Church the Good Lord knows I need a little talking to after today I will finish the job. I'm not sure I want to do another a little more than I want I think.... Pictures tomorrow ;) Fred

Finish tomorrow it is most likely the first and last fork upgrade way more than I thought it would be. A little more training and a few less years on these old bones. Sorry Bill rear shocks not a problem but the front forks not again.

Wow what an ordeal let me tell ya...

I have now taken both ends apart and I'm not sure I ever want to do another set of fork legs. It started when the light wire had to cut and respliced going back together waterproof connectors there. One fork leg was Gorrilla tightened, it took me awhile stumped I PM'ed Randall before he could call I checked out U Tube an found you use the triple tree as a vice live and learn. And last but not least the Switch that Damn Switch what a friggin nightmare, I finally got but wow talk about sweating bullets. The front fork rebuild is complete and test ridden no more nose dives. I never changed oil the front forks in 32K+ it was black metalic slime no wonder it wanted to washout on corners. And the nose dive was unbelievable. It seem like riding a new machine with both rear and front ends now Pro Action Suspension Travel safe FredDSC01656.JPG

View attachment 86412View attachment 86413View attachment 86414View attachment 86415View attachment 86416View attachment 86417View attachment 86418View attachment 86419View attachment 86420

View attachment 86411

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back