Voyager Kits

Loner,
If its a very well used Voyager like mine is, you may want to get a new set of 'Forks' for the bearing receivers to fit into. If you have the old style with the grease fitting you actually have to load them with grease and quiet them down, the newer ones do not have that feature and tend to chatter. They are supposed to turn freely. I know of a gentleman who is making an experimental set made of a hard plastic, because he doesn't like the chatter.

hello // I present myself Pregil of Belgium in Europe // I have one to travel on Harley ultra gide // which can inform me the thickness of wood under the aft wheel Harley//the pressure of the Harley wheels and travel for one or two // people the position of the axes of the wheels to travel If they should be placed opposite or behind l' center the aft wheel Harley//you can answer me on pregil@scarlet.be // I thank you has all

Hello // I am Pregil of Belgium in Europe // j' have to travel Convertible on Harley ultra //1//qui glide can m' to inform of l' thickness of wood has to place under the aft wheel Harley//2//the air pressure of the wheels of travelling and Harley is for one or two //3// people the position of the axes of the wheels to travel s' they are placed opposite or behind of l' wheel axle postpones Harley//4//is necessary it to regulate the shocks to travel behind // can you answer me on my address email pregil@scarlet.be or on the forum I thank you has all your kindness

I would start with 1" thick wood under the aft drive wheel. U must then loosen the rear mound and re tighten it so it will adjust to the change. the ot rig. tires seem to like 20 lbs

Trust me on this....small adjustments make BIG differences on the Voyager kits. No one will like them if everything is not installed and setup properly with all 4 tire pressures set to spec, correct alignment, belly pan shimmed if needed and pre-load played with until it is right for YOUR bike..and that may be more or less than factory recommendations.

the kit to travel rolls smooth road of course has of the 50 //
millets but if the road is rough with //
holes to travel it strongly rebounded east gives unpleasant reactions in the //
handlebar comfort is better with a passenger on the //
motor bike I believe than the kit triax must be better conceived because it has suspensions independently //
of course the kits to travel and others is much less expensive has l' qu' purchase; a kit of three wheels transformation of your //
motor bike for the turns to travel it turns well has low speed and has high speeds on the long curves but become very tiring with the handles for the pilot in mountain //
j' have carries out much study comparative on the Net, but for a good trike independent wheels it has is necessary to pay the price //
in Europe the manufacturers rewaco and boom carries out trickes has relatively expensive prices but conceived very well //
the same tariff qu' in the USA without the tax and carriage costs

A trike will also rebound as you said. The rebound is less severe on the Independent suspension. Also even with the solid axle less than the Voyager or any other tag on rear wheels. Changing the preload ( amount under the driven wheel) makes a lot of difference, how much or how little is up to you to find out . I would say no more than 1 1/2 no less than 3/4 of an inch.

hello all //
have for the stress measurement for the aft wheel harley //
considering the difference between our metric system European and the American system which is necessary it to include/understand //
what means in your language :
1/2 ' ' equalize = an inch and half 1/4 ' ' equalize = an inch and a quarter `'equalizes =inch: in thank you for your information

hello all //
have for the stress measurement for the aft wheel harley //
considering the difference between our metric system European and the American system which is necessary it to include/understand //
what means in your language :
1/2 ' ' equalize = an inch and half 1/4 ' ' equalize = an inch and a quarter `'equalizes =inch: in thank you for your information

1/2" = 0.5 inch
1/4" = 0.25 inch
1 1/2" = 1.5 inch (one inch and a half)
1 1/4" = 1.25 inch (one inch and a quarter)

I use between 2 and 2.5 centimeters for my preload on the center rear wheel. I also use 18 psi on the outside wheels, let me know if you need that converted to other units.
Denny

Conversion 1" is = 2.54 centimeters so that would be the least
1.5 " = 3.75 cent. So I would say 4.0 cent. would be the most and maybe 2.0 cent. would be the least

hello,
I thank l' helps brought by all the members of the forum for the adjustment of travelling convertible, damage which the ocean separates from the people who have same the ideas no matter what j' have already to cross the United States in harley //
In my country I am the only one to have one to travel convertible and it attracts the population from its design, //
I belong to the hoc Harley and the members of the club harley laugh of the design and n' the trike they do not like prefer the motor bike But they will include/understand one day if they have one handicaps or with l' old qu' they will not be able any more will drive the motor bike For my by I drive my motor bike bmw 1000 rt and harley ultra 1450 when I am alone For safety with my wife as a passenger I take the trike to travel to go up on Harley 1800 ultra glide
thank you has all

hello,
I thank the good advice of forum members for adjusting the travel kit, / /
with the air pressures for front and rear wheels for one or two people on the motorcycle harley and the air pressure on the rear shocks barred harley:: / /
through the most important constraint on the rear wheel trike kit and more flexible management and the entire bike is also much more comfortable, it feels much less rebounds kit / /
the bike is better supported by the wheels of the kit, rocker least laterally and also less shock to the grindstone, / /
this becomes a pleasure to ride / /
especially in our country the rate is much faster than state united we drive over 50 kilometers per hour on highways,:: / /
trike kit does not allow cars to follow the meager power of the harley cvo / /
now it runs much better thanks to your advice it is more pleasant ::
thank you all

I'm a 64 yr old woman that had ridden with a Voyager kit on my Honda Shadow Aero for almost 3 years. On Sept. 24 of this year I hit a pothole doing 50 mph, lost control from the rear bouncing so bad that it flipped the trike and I ended up with $100,000 hospital bill. My next one will be a full trike! If anyone wants more info, please email me at:
jcraig9888@sbcglobal.net

You can push it easily. Remember you no longer need to balance the bike while you push or even pull it. The trick is to never park where you need to back up . Make believe you are pulling a trailer and park accordingly. If I see a parking lot with a down hill slope I will drive past and roll back into it . If it is up hill I pull in forward so I can roll back out. If it is in the middle of the lot I look for one I can roll back into or pull through to the other side. Don't get boxed in. Back into the curb on the street. saves you pushing it and $1,000 for rev. I have rev on my wing and maybe use it 4 times a year.

Some really great and useful info on this site. I just joined today and have already learned a lot. I have a voyager kit on my 02 Volusia with a quarter inch preload. I'm real happy with the way it handles. I really believe like some others its in the setup that makes the difference.

Some really great and useful info on this site. I just joined today and have already learned a lot. I have a voyager kit on my 02 Volusia with a quarter inch preload. I'm real happy with the way it handles. I really believe like some others its in the setup that makes the difference.

Welcome aboard. Glad you joined us.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back