Voyager Kits

Hello Dave, and a big welcome to TrikeTalk! Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about your triking adventures :). Just make yourself at home and join the discussions here.

hi from dave.m in delaware put a used voyager kit on my 02 road king been about 500 hunderd miles and love it

Hi Dave, glad you are enjoying your Voyager. Would you share your preload and tire pressure settings? May help others. Most if not all of us are higher than factory on preload and lower than factory on tire pressure and found it works.
Enjoy the ride.
Denny

Welcome Daven..

Great people here!

The other day while looking at pics on trike talk I noticed a trike with splash guards ( backoff). Cant remember exactly which character was on there. Went to ebay and found
a set of 8x8 splash guards ( taz backoff ) for $ 6.00..with shipping came out to about $11.00
Got them yesterday, had to do some trimming and put them on today.. I don't think it looks bad at all on the voyager..

Before
picofbike7-26-10002-1.jpg

After
100_0848.jpg

Welcome davem..

Great people here!

The other day while looking at pics on trike talk I noticed a trike with splash guards ( backoff). Cant remember exactly which character was on there. Went to ebay and found
a set of 8x8 splash guards ( taz backoff ) for $ 6.00..with shipping came out to about $11.00
Got them yesterday and put them on today.. I dont think it looks bad at all on the voyager..

Thanks for the pic Big Joey.

I'm finding that for these kits, the more stuff you add onto and around the bike, the less the kit stands out as being a separate piece. What I mean is ... the more you've got going on, the more the kit blends in and appears to be a permanent part of the bike. I'm looking for a trunk now, but I'll be adding more stuff as I go. I've seen some voyager kits on goldwings, loaded down with lights and chrome, that I never noticed as not being a traditional trike until I got a voyager kit myself. Of course, now I look for them.

hi from davem in delaware have a 02 road king with voyager kit bought it used so no papper work i put pre load at 1 and1/4 tires at 18 psi must have got right the first time took about 2 hr to put on with the help of my good friend ron

Hi Dave. Welcome to TrikeTalk. Nice to have a good friend like Ron, huh? Sounds like you guys figured it out with no problems :D

hi from davem voyager uses two kits for harley MODEL A KIT AND MODEL B KIT I THANK A KIT IS SOFTAIL IT IS 55 IN OUT SIDE 36 IN SIDE THE B KIT IS 60 IN OUT SIDE 41 IN SIDE HAVE FUN RIDE SAFE

To all you voyager riders, has anyone delt with their steering problems, by putting raked trees on your bike?

No, and probably won't. Still enjoy 2 wheeling, and consider the Voyager a temporary solution for touring with the wife. The Voyager does come off and go back on easily. Planning on a trike in the near future, and want to keep all options open with the EG, including selling it with or without the Voyager.

I cannot imagine three pages of feedback on the Voyager kit. I have one on my Royal Star three years now. It was and still is a disaster. I have revised and remanufactured brackets, the originals kept snapping and falling off, front right side bolt snapped I went into the curbing and ruined a wheel and cut the tire. Fortunately I was just about to pull into my driveway and was at a low speed. Otherwise I may be dead. I get under this monster and wrench every bolt and nut before going anywhere, On and on and on. I agreed not to harrass or cause any more trouble by naming the dealer and the manufacturer in settlement of damages. If you have enjoyed your Voyager kit I am really happy for you. You are in the minority. I just purchased a full trike and will happily retire this Voyager. There is more loktite and welds holding it together than you can imagine.

That was my experience . It is a hate love relationship. Mine was reinforced 3 times. People that have them love them and I am glad that it keeps them in the wind and they come on here and talk with us.

I hate to say this but in all the years I have mine I only had one part break. I believe it may have to do with how old they are. Mine is a second generation and all I did was replace the two main mounting bolts after one broke. Now they're grade 8.

A good time to relate my experience it seems. I've been riding trikes for over forty years now so I sort of know myself around with them. Back in April I bought a Voyager kit to put on my '08 HD Street Glide, and since I have a decent mechanical background (and lots of trike experience) I wanted to install it myself (bought it off Craigslist). Installed the kit exactly as the manual says to, and set preload exactly as instructed (1/2" as I recall). In two words - hated it.

Since then I've moved preload slightly + or - 1/4 inch at a time, and still hated it. Then recently I read John's post about setting his preload 1" higher than instructed. Bottom line is that as of a couple of days ago I ended up with my 'ideal settings: Voyager wheels (and frame) are set forward about 2-1/2" and pretty much align the wheels with the rear mc wheel (I needed the motorcycle as short as possible to work on the lift on the back of my motorhome)); I put the rear wheel on a 2x4 board (which, since it was planed gave me about 1-1/2" preload); mc was checked for vertical alignment; all tire settings are per the installation book (20 k=lbs in Voyager tires). I now LOVE IT!!

The additional preload as recommended by John Luciano stiffened the whole unit up enough to stop the bouncing back and forth and make it responsive and comfortable. Thanks, John, and I highly recommend that other Voyager owners learn how to align and set preload on their units - and go up on the preload if it feels the least bit spongy or sloppy.

Now if I can just find some needle bearings to replace those loose, sloppy bushings in the Voyager brackets that chatter to some degree every time I use the rear brake. I have two different mount kits (old style and new style bushings) and both have sloppy, loose bushings (and one is a brand new kit). Got a solution for this, John?

Loner aren't you glad you paid your Trike Talk dues .OH wait this is a free sight. as for the front bushings a lot of grease. they could be machined and a bearing pressed it I guess. One of my biggest complaints was all the banging and noise. Thanks for the Kudos.

Loner aren't you glade you paid your trike Talk dues .OH wait this is a free sight. as for the front bushings a lot of grease. they could be machined and a bearing pressed it I guess. One of my biggest complaints was all the banging and noise. Thanks for the Kudos.

John we are a free site but we encourage contributions. Support your TrikeTalkcom

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back