stabilizer link

I just installed one of the links on mine the other day, & you can really see the movement the solid link was eating up while the engine is idling. I think the top end being able to move a bit might lessen the strain on the lower engine mounts. Might last longer too. Well worth the dollars spent !
Give Lee H. Mann a PM & get one !

my '09 t/g rt. bolt sheared off & had the ft. head replaced, by dealer

Attachments

• STABALIZER MOUNT BOLTS 002.jpg
    STABALIZER MOUNT BOLTS 002.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 88
  • STABALIZER MOUNT BOLTS 001.jpg
    STABALIZER MOUNT BOLTS 001.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 97
When i bought the champion kit for my 89 tourglide it came with brackets to reinforce the top motor mount and a stronger stabilizer.

I wonder if they make one for the newer model Harleys.

Everyone has told me that you dont have to reinforce the new models, Maybe they should change their minds?smiles%20slap%20head.gif

The champion brackets come with an epoxy to attach them to the frame.

my '09 t/g rt. bolt sheared off & had the ft. head replaced, by dealer

Yep those are the bolts that I had to used green lock-tight on. So far that's the only way I could keep them tight..
If they loosen and you don't catch it in time, They'll break or worst ream out the threads in the head.

These are chromed parts but do not use the included hardware.[/QUOTE

OK --- I get the link part ----but ---- still not sure which hardware to acquire??
Would really like to get this replacement right the first time

When i bought the champion kit for my 89 tourglide it came with brackets to reinforce the top motor mount and a stronger stabilizer.

I wonder if they make one for the newer model Harleys.

Everyone has told me that you dont have to reinforce the new models, Maybe they should change their minds?View attachment 19428

The champion brackets come with an epoxy to attach them to the frame.

The later model Harley FLH-FLT engine stabilizer is not connected to the frame backbone. It is now connected to the front downtube. Re-enforcing the earlier backbone bracket was done to overcome metal fatigue causing bracket failure, ripping the frame and bolt breakage.

The later model Harley FLH-FLT engine stabilizer is not connected to the frame backbone. It is now connected to the front down tube. Re-enforcing the earlier backbone bracket was done to overcome metal fatigue causing bracket failure, ripping the frame and bolt breakage.

Thanks for the clarity Lee.

The way i understand it, the older model Harley conversions were reinforced because the stock top motor mount brackets are fine as a two wheeler, but the trike puts so much more sideways torque on the motor mounts on take off etc.

In fact i think it was you who pointed that out to me when i first started looking into my conversion, both you and zook made mention of the problem when you said if your horn honks at take off or in a turn it was the top motor mount being broken that was the culprit.I hadnt realized that the mounts were bolted on the down tubes, Just goes to show you how old school i am?

God bless the 1989 Tour glide ultra and it's 80" motor!:D

you can drill the bolt heads & safety wire them.just go to a old h-d bike & look at the 2 inner primary bolts. they came safety wired from the factory.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back