stabilizer link

You are going to run into problems finding grade 8 stainless to go into that aluminum head. But I guess a little electrolysis might help keep them in.......ha... Might find something in aircraft bolts.

Diamond Engineering Raceproofs, not only stonger that grade 8's, but some nice recessed washers can be had for the 12 point heads. Changed mine out when new and they are still there. No locktite, anti-seize and torque them once and awhile.

Contact Julie or Jim at Diamond. The catalog is online at Diamond Engineering. You can buy the individual bolts and coutersunk washers. I'm also using the same setup on my floorboard to frame mounts. All you need to know is the bolt length and thread pitch. They are really cool, my complete engine, trans and primary are all 12 point Raceproofs. Look under individual fasteners at the bottom of the home page. Expensive, but no rusty bolts here in Florida. Click on the blue link provided.

thanks again Lee for your info, I was able to find a place where I can order the link for 76.95 , as soon as I get my trike back ,i'm going to order one these kits and replace it , looking at this ,it only makes since to use one of these links , and I don't know why Harley doesn't see this , you can bet that will spread around , once I get one and see how it works, and I won't have to disturb the bracket bolted to the engine to change it , if anyone else is interested in one , I found it at zoomcycle under Part # 31-1983

thanks again Lee for your info, I was able to find a place where I can order the link for 76.95 , as soon as I get my trike back ,i'm going to order one these kits and replace it , looking at this ,it only makes since to use one of these links , and I don't know why Harley doesn't see this , you can bet that will spread around , once I get one and see how it works, and I won't have to disturb the bracket bolted to the engine to change it , if anyone else is interested in one , I found it at zoomcycle under Part # 31-1983
Fitment for that Part# is up to 2008. I don"t think that will work on the newer frame.

Fitment for that Part# is up to 2008. I don"t think that will work on the newer frame.

The fitment does not mention trike. Lehman has been using this system since the early 90's to eliminate bolts sheering from the cylinder heads and causing further damage to the driveline. It works on 2009-2013 because I install them on 2009-2013 non TriGlide models.

Not true, I have a gas grill that you will never get apart, stainless steel in aluminum. Absolutely a one piece boat anchor. Remember SS has steel in it.
If you want the lowest electrolysis with aluminum you either have to go with galvanized or zinc coated bolts & nuts. If you use either 302, 303,304.or 305 stainless the corrosion of the base metal is marginally increased by the fastener. Because it is considered to be non ferrous metal.
You can tell by the fact you can't pick them up with a magnet.
It might be a good thing anyway considering these bolts are always falling out.

Just kidding about that corrosion helping. If you put Loc-tite on the threads it will help insulate the two metals. Or use anti-size that will stop it completely. The problem with the stabilizer bracket is the fastener keeps coming loose, then destroys the threads from being loose. You have to find a way to not come loose.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back