Roadsmith Aux Tank Issues

Oct 4, 2016
Pontiac, Illinois
I have a Roadsmith trike kit on my gl1800 that was installed in 2016. Upon until the last couple times I used the aux it didn’t transfer vert fast. In past it took about 12 minutes to transfer. Today, couple friends and I road 300 miles round trip. When we started back 10 miles from our destination I flipped on the aux. main tank light was on and aux didn’t get above 1/2 tank. It stayed at even level till I got closer to home when it started losing ground. 15 miles from home and aux on the fuel light came on. The aux was on for almost 1 hr and 45 minutes and never gained on tank level. It was still switched on when I pulled into my driveway. Is there a filter or something that needs attention? Would a small blast of low air pressure back through the feeder line clean it out?

Any help appreciated.

I have a Roadsmith trike kit on my gl1800 that was installed in2016. Upon until the last couple times I used the aux it didn’t transfer vert fast. In past it took about 12 minutes to transfer. Today, couple friends and I road 300 miles round trip. When we started back 10 miles from our destination I flipped on the aux. main tank light was on and aux didn’t get above 1/2 tank. It stayed at even level till I got closer to home when it started losing ground. 15 miles from home and aux on the fuel light came on. The aux was on for almost 1 hr and 45 minutes and never gained on tank level. It was still switched on when I pulled into my driveway. Is there a filter or something that needs attention? Would a small blast of low air pressure back through the feeder line clean it out?

Any help appreciated.

Call Road Smith and get advice. If you need a new pump they're $50 online

Sorry to hear of issues with your Roadsmith.......sure does sound like a bad fuel transfer pump.

Nice guys at Roadsmith, I live 2-miles from them here in Minnesota.

No disrespect, but this is one reason I really like the Aux fuel tank setup on the CSC trikes......No pumps, no switches, no solenoids to fail and no dual fill.

All automatic gravity fed and foolproof.

Heard back from road smith and the pump is bad. It’s real easy to change. Said it is down by drive shaft. When I google the number it looks just like the one along frame by where the center stand was. The one I found on google was 12$, theirs is 99$ and will be OE. for the trike. I will be staying. With the original to trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back