Rear Tires

Dunlop Signature

What brand tires are you running on the rear and are they conversion specific?

IMHO .... :cxtv: ... most manufacturers use a 205 tire (205/70R15 or 16) for the Harley conversions b/c it has roughly the same circumference as the OEM tire. You can use a 215 tire if the room in the fender is available.

BRAND ... :Shrug: ... I would consider a tire that will displace water quickly with a softer compound for wet-road traction and is quiet riding for the dry pavement. Mileage is not a concern because even the cheapest tires offer good mileage on a trike. Harley-Davidson and others use the Dunlop Signature which is a good all-around tire. 30,000 + miles is easily attained with proper air pressure.

Tires

IMHO .... :cxtv: ... most manufacturers use a 205 tire (205/70R15 or 16) for the Harley conversions b/c it has roughly the same circumference as the OEM tire. You can use a 215 tire if the room in the fender is available.

BRAND ... :Shrug: ... I would consider a tire that will displace water quickly with a softer compound for wet-road traction and is quiet riding for the dry pavement. Mileage is not a concern because even the cheapest tires offer good mileage on a trike. Harley-Davidson and others use the Dunlop Signature which is a good all-around tire. 30,000 + miles is easily attained with proper air pressure.

You are 100% correct - I recently replaced my ORIG Dunlop’s with 80 thou + miles on them, still had tread but figured at 8 years (2010 HD trike) old I better replace them!

:cool:

You are 100% correct - I recently replaced my ORIG Dunlop’s with 80 thou + miles on them, still had tread but figured at 8 years (2010 HD trike) old I better replace them!

:cool:

Just put 215's on BF Goodrich Radial TA had 235's on it it steers so much easier Also moved tour pack back which positions passenger weight as well as rider weight back a bit which also takes weight off of front wheel. Put avon trike tire on front, 24 lbs rear tires 42 lbs front tire 10 lbs front forks 70 lbs rear air bags. now it rides awesome very minimal wobble

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back