Protect your fenders.

Nov 6, 2011
The Villages, Florida
This is a post from another web site that I'm sure would be of interest to most of us including me.

Easy paint protectant !!!
Yesterday I was at Autozone and spotted a product that caught my attention. The guy behind the counter said they only started carrying it the day before. It is a spray on product that dries to a clear film which costs $25 per can. Each can is supposed to cover a car hood.

I bought a can and sprayed my front fender a few hours ago. It was super easy ! When it dried, my fender looked like I had just picked it up from the paint shop where they had just applied about ten extra coats of clear ! No runs, drips or orange peal !
Here is the product:

AutoZone.com | Page Not Found

Here is a youtube video of how to apply it :

3M

Here is what it looks like coming off:

3M

The best part is it can be peeled off and a new fresh layer applied. Seems like an easier solution than trying to apply the 3M film and try to get the air bubbles out.

Last edited:
This looks like an awesome product that I am really looking forward to trying. The only problem is it says it must be applied in 60 to 90° weather, which means I'll probably get to try in oh.... October or November. I told my dad about this for his 55 Chevy Bel Air as well

QUESTION...
After the application has been on for some time and you decide to remove it, considering that possibly the film has protected the paint underneath it from sun exposure, would the newly exposed paint then be a little different shade than the rest of the exposed fender?
These spray-on products are new and probably no one has had time enough to experience them to a long extent, but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with the old 3-M film in this respect.
Thanks,,,Carla

WOW! I thought the 3M paint film was the best thing on earth. I will definitely look into this.

How much does a can cover? Looks like just the front 18" of the hood.
I can get enough of the 3M paint film to do the whole front end of a car. So the cost is a little high, but the convienince is probably worth it to someone that can't apply the film.

Wonder how this would work on the fairing? Always getting chips up there and putting the film on takes at least two pieces and doesn't always come out looking great. This stuff just may be the answer!! Thanks for sharing.

I was in the Winona MN HARLEY shop this afternoon and I saw they were selling the Armor All Custom Shield Coating. They had both black and clear.

Was this a Harley-Davidson dealership? Because it is against Harley-Davidson dealership rules to sell anything that is not Harley-Davidson manufactured. They could get a huge fine from Milwaukee...

Was this a Harley-Davidson dealership? Because it is against Harley-Davidson dealership rules to sell anything that is not Harley-Davidson manufactured. They could get a huge fine from Milwaukee...

There are four HD dealers within a 40 mile radius, here in Salt Lake....all stock a plethera of non HD manufactured items. KuryAkin, Arlen Ness, Custom Chrome,Parts Unlimted, and many many others. I am curious what you base this statement on?:Shrug:

There are four HD dealers within a 40 mile radius, here in Salt Lake....all stock a plethera of non HD manufactured items. KuryAkin, Arlen Ness, Custom Chrome,Parts Unlimted, and many many others. I am curious what you base this statement on?:Shrug:

:Shrug: :Shrug:...Now why you got to be so grumpy? :wave4:ThumbUp

ThumbUp
I learned it from you Rickie....I am a product of my enviornment!! I was just askin if all of the HD dealers in Utah were facing deep fines....I was gunna turn em in for a reward.ThumbUp:D

:10: :10: We all have our faults ,, just takes someone pointing it out to us ,,,,,:laugh: guess we know what theirs are . ThumbUp :Coffee:

I'm sorry if I seemed snippy. I was not meaning to, I was asking my Harley dealership employee about a product that was not HD and that's when he told me that they can only sell genuine HD products. Thanks for the heads up on the absolute rules. Ride safe.:xzqxz:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back