Does a trike conversion need rear fenders in PA?

I would think that a couple of Tractor Supply fenders trimmed up for coverage and mounted at an angle similar to the front fender would satisfy the LEOs. IMHO it would also flow the look of the front end to the rear. You could support the fender straight up from the axle and tie it back to the bed side. This mounting would stabilize the fender from vibrating and from the inevitable "park your butt on the tire/fender while visiting" scenario. (You know it's going to happen :mad:).

Nice build!!!

Yep, that's what I think I'm going to do. TSC has plain jane stamped fenders for $40 each. And you're right about the butt/tire thing. That is guaranteed to happen.

Hi guys, been busy. I would like to give an update though, because I'd like to help other guys doing this same project using the DNA Trike Axel on a 1994 Harley Softail. Here's how I ended up running the brake lines:

BrakelinesCropped.jpg

And here are what the fakies look like on a chrome Cragar:

Fakies.jpg

As I've said, I would have much rather had Cokers but the total cost for the wheels, tires, and fakies were less than what one wheel would have been with a Coker. And yes, those tires were mounted by hand, as well as the fakies.

And, last but not least, here is the raked stance. I absolutely love it. It looks mean.

Raked.jpg

Happy 4th fellow Patriots! God bless the USA, Cops and Firefighters. Godspeed.

Thank you sir. Got it fired up today! I could listen to this thing run for hours. It is just oozing testosterone and 'Merica. Yeah, I'm aware of the paint bubble by the speedo. Welding thin metal is hard, especially when you're too cheap to buy a bottle of shielding gas.

........ThumbUp........

Thank you sir. Got it fired up today! I could listen to this thing run for hours. It is just oozing testosterone and 'Merica. Yeah, I'm aware of the paint bubble by the speedo. Welding thin metal is hard, especially when you're too cheap to buy a bottle of shielding gas.

Cool build. Did I see baby moons on chrome rims? Yeah baby!:clapping:

most fenders, more for water spray, some Debri, most rear fenders on sports, start at top of tire.

tractor trailers, have to be within 8" of ground. I've seen the tractors only have flaps.

fenders to keep you from touching moving tires, would seem important, all belts needed gaurds, for passenger safety of there feet.

a set of low pro, tire hugging fenders, painted black, hard to see from far away, they won't hurt you re look. can't even see my front fender IMG_20210710_142637.jpg i would make a small set, just to get past inspection.

most fenders, more for water spray, some Debri, most rear fenders on sports, start at top of tire.

tractor trailers, have to be within 8" of ground. I've seen the tractors only have flaps.

fenders to keep you from touching moving tires, would seem important, all belts needed gaurds, for passenger safety of there feet.

a set of low pro, tire hugging fenders, painted black, hard to see from far away, they won't hurt you re look. can't even see my front fender View attachment 101098 i would make a small set, just to get past inspection.

I love that red trike, you don't see those every day. Did you build it? I don't know if I've ever seen one quite like it.

I'm currently fabricating fenders using the metal from my old oil furnace. I'm a little worried about the 8" from the ground thing though, I took my cues from the fenders on the trailers at Tractor Supply. I have a lot of work into them already, I think I'll roll the dice. If they don't pass they're easily removable and I'll just make another set.

Here's one of the fenders I'm working on. I can't imagine the guy who inspects it will look at it and say, "Nope, not good enough". Maybe I should mount an axe handle to the frame to encourage cooperation. :)

20210723_184646.jpg

a set of low pro, tire hugging fenders, painted black, hard to see from far away, they won't hurt you re look. can't even see my front fender View attachment 101098 i would make a small set, just to get past inspection.

Man, the more I look at that red machine the more I like it. The 80's Corvette wheels, the insane rake that seems to defy physics. Do you have a build thread or more pics of it anywhere? What engine is on it?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back