Protect your fenders.

I'm sorry if I seemed snippy. I was not meaning to, I was asking my Harley dealership employee about a product that was not HD and that's when he told me that they can only sell genuine HD products. Thanks for the heads up on the absolute rules. Ride safe.:xzqxz:

...no problems, I just couldn't for the life of me figure out where you came up with that statement.:xzqxz::D

I might have to check out the spray on myself. Would like to do the lowers as well as the radius of the fenders (have the HD paint protection film on them right now).

As for HD selling non-HD ours certainly does. They have Amsoil and Redline products plus Kury. In fact if I find something in the Kury catalog they will order it for me and even give me a 10% discount and no shipping charges. My Rivco hitch and wire harness I got thru them was $30. less than getting it directly from Rivco and I didn't pay shipping either.

2011 Merlot and Black TG

Right now the dealerships around Denver all sell non-HD pieces and parts and have for years. They have catalogs sitting right on the shelf in the parts department from most of the vendors for just about anything out there. I was told that may change soon. The mother ship may start making the dealerships sell only H-D parts and nothing else. Not sure when or if this will really happen, but it seems like a mistake that will only hurt their business.

The H-D dealers are starting to sell Triumphs now. The one here in Illinois already is selling them. You can't get much closer to selling non-Harley products then that.
My dealer sells all the above mentioned items plus I bought a FirstGear heated pant liner and remote controller from the dealer.

I just tried the armor all on my left side cover.I bought the clear.My trike is gloss blk.It is a definite stand out.It dried to a wrinkle type matte finish.The process was easy & the tape came off as stated on the can,but for me i don't like the finish.I don't know what the endurance of this is,as i just sprayed it.I'll ride it tomorrow & see how it holds up to the bugs.

:gah::Crap::Whack::Shrug:
Yesterday i put out considerable change to buy a couple cans of 3-m spray protectant from auto zone.
I followed all the directions to the letter.
Part way through the process the can started spraying big globs.
I was even keeping the build up wiped off the spray nozzle and applicator.
Along with the big globs that ran down the fender were a lot of smaller globs.
Some of the smaller globs self leveled.
It doesn't matter how careful you are when the product behaves that way!

The application dried looking like hell.
I am spending the morning peeling the crap off!
What a rip off!

That freaking sucks, I was looking to use it, glad I waited. Thanks for the comment.
Here is some more info.
I called the number on the can and customer support won't take a call.
The computer voice will let you go anywhere but there.
The voice tells me it's sorry i am having trouble and that i should try again later?
Yep. I'm having trouble alright!

I looked up an email address-- service@carcaresupport.com , it seems that you have to obtain a return autorization?
Any bets on whether i get an answer back?

Here is some more info.
I called the number on the can and customer support won't take a call.
The computer voice will let you go anywhere but there.
The voice tells me it's sorry i am having trouble and that i should try again later?
Yep. I'm having trouble alright!

I looked up an email address-- service@carcaresupport.com , it seems that you have to obtain a return autorization?
Any bets on whether i get an answer back?
up date:

The email came back with a notice that it is undeliverable mail.

SUPRISE,SUPRISE,SUPRISE!

up date:

SUPRISE,SUPRISE,SUPRISE!
i FINALLY GOT AHOLD OF A LIVE BODY AT THE DIRECT#651-737-6501.
tHEY TOLD ME THAT THE APPLICATOR NOZZLES ARE CAUSING THE PROBLEM AND THEY ARE SENDING ME AN UPDATED APPLICATION TIP THAT IS SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM.

up date:

SUPRISE,SUPRISE,SUPRISE!

i FINALLY GOT AHOLD OF A LIVE BODY AT THE DIRECT PH. #651-737-6501.
THEY TOLD ME THAT THE APPLICATOR NOZZLES ARE CAUSING THE PROBLEM AND THEY ARE SENDING ME AN UPDATED APPLICATION KIT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM.

I AM A LITTLE HESITANT TO TRY THIS NONSENSE AGAIN. I WOULD HAVE PREFERED A REFUND!

i DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO NOZZLES, BUT BE CAREFUL YOU ONLY BUY A RECENT ISSUE OF THE PRODUCT.
IN THE MEANTIME I GUESS I WILL GO OUT AND MAKE LIKE AN ONION PEELER! then YOU HAVE TO CLEAN OFF ANY RESIDUE WITH AN AMONIA BASED WINDOW CLEANER.

Still sucks! Ya wonder how people stay in business with customer servicew the way it is. These people should have replace what you bought....I hear that ArmourAll is selling a similar product. Hope that works better.

Maybe you got a good can of the good stuff. I'm giving it time to work through the defect inventory and fix the problem.....Anyone here used it recently with good results? I'm just not taking a chance and dealing with the hassle of the one poster above who has to remove that mess.

I've had the 3 M film on my 2006 SS Monte Carlo for over a yr now. I love it!

Don't you use it on your bike or bikes? Did you use pre-cut film on your SS or did you or an installer do a custom job from a roll of film. I want to use it on my TG, but I want different coverage than the pre-cut and I'm not sure the film will make some of the tight curves. I may have to try this spray stuff after they sort out the nozzles.

Don't you use it on your bike or bikes? Did you use pre-cut film on your SS or did you or an installer do a custom job from a roll of film. I want to use it on my TG, but I want different coverage than the pre-cut and I'm not sure the film will make some of the tight curves. I may have to try this spray stuff after they sort out the nozzles.
I will let you guys know how it works out when i receive the new spray kits from 3-m

I just received the can of ArmorAll that I bought on e-bay, but haven't tried it yet. I'm puzzled by one of the listed notes. "Scientifically formulated to resist the weather and elements for up to 3 months." Doesn't sound good if you have to re-do in every 3 months. What do you think about that?

I just received the can of ArmorAll that I bought on e-bay, but haven't tried it yet. I'm puzzled by one of the listed notes. "Scientifically formulated to resist the weather and elements for up to 3 months." Doesn't sound good if you have to re-do in every 3 months. What do you think about that?
we are counting on you to let us know of the longevity, but most say for a year, maybe they are just covering their hiney's?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back