Maggie Valley 2023

I plan on being there, just going up to Maggie Valley in a few days and Wife ask to go with me. She has never rode over twenty five miles on any of my bikes.

Rates are finalized, they are $94.00 a night - Sunday 9/3 thru Thursday 9/7. You must call direct to the Motel and let them know you're with the Trike Talk Group.

Best Western Mountainbrook Inn

3811 Soco Rd #19

Maggie Valley, NC 28751

Phone: (828) 926-3962

you will want to make resv soon. Lot us arrivs Sun & lv Fri. Tell motel you are Trike Talk to get the rate. Hope to see you there.

Different ride everyday & they are not long rides. easy going.

then in the evening it is rocking chair time with refreshment of your choice.

This will be our 3rd visit. great folks . Gatherings are smaller affairs not like big rallies. You get a chance to meet some nice people from this forum.

My first trip to Maggie Valley

You guys were are spot on,got up this morning and the wife and I rode up to Maggie Valley.Everything you could want is within walking distance of the motel.Looking forward to meeting a bunch of new friends at the rally.

Dang it!

We we're looking forward to see yall again.

Take care of Becky and shoot for next year.:empathy:

Will do. She just isn't up to riding any distance either by car or trike right now. Still recovering from get all the metal removed from her ankle and leg. Fourth operation in three years now.

We were so looking forward to being able to attend this year too. Looking to next year!

Well dag nab it, sorry to hear about Becky, I know it's been a long haul for her. We'll see you next year.

Booked. Arriving Sunday 9/3, departing Friday 9/8.

Twas a bit of an ordeal doing the reservation as it involved adding in Sunday and deleting Friday from the group room block. Multiple phone calls and multiple people involved.

:)

Chuck

I'm going to be close by but have already committed to another gathering that also runs from Mon to Thur of that week. I will be staying in Pineola NC. I checked and looks like it's about 2 to 2-1/2 hours away so maybe I could sneak over one afternoon to visit. Not sure if it will happen though but we shall see. It would be nice to match up some faces to the forum names. But if I can't swing it, maybe I will run into some of you characters while out and about. Here is what I will be on in case someone spots me. BTW, my plates are now Wisconsin plates...

Screenshot_20230814_112938_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230814_113006_Gallery.jpg

You folks are in trouble now! Reservations have been made for Ric and I, Mon thru Thur.

While you folks are chasin the twisties Ric and I will be in FL. Connie needs assistance and that will take precedence this year. Hopefully we will make it next year.

Ride safe and have tons of fun!

Ed

Hi all, newbe here. We're planning on coming over from Del Rio, TN (a couple hours away) and will just spend 1 night-we have dogs who we don't want to leave too long. Any recommendations for the best 2 days to stop in? Also, any recommendations for a campground nearby to where you guys are moteling it? We're picking up an Aspen popup to pull behind the trike tomorrow (my Kwik Kamp self destructed coming back from Sturgis last week). Also-what to expect? Any vendors show up or is this just a fairly small group of "trikers" getting together? Or is this in conjunction with Thunder in the Smokies? Thanks in advance for any input.

Hi Brian, our little gathering has nothing to do with Thunder in the Smokies. It's just some folks from Trike Talk that get together every Labor Day week at the Best Western, no vendors. We ride during the day and sit in the rocking chairs and spin some tales in the evening, there might even be a libation or two, or three, lol. Some other folks will chime in but in my opinion probably Tuesday and Wednesday would be the best. I can't give any advice on a campgrounds though.

there is a campground very close to the B/W less than 1 mile i think. Hopefully "Woody" will chime in as he stays at that campground.. I just don't know the name looking forward to seein u

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all, newbe here. We're planning on coming over from Del Rio, TN (a couple hours away) and will just spend 1 night-we have dogs who we don't want to leave too long. Any recommendations for the best 2 days to stop in? Also, any recommendations for a campground nearby to where you guys are moteling it? We're picking up an Aspen popup to pull behind the trike tomorrow (my Kwik Kamp self destructed coming back from Sturgis last week). Also-what to expect? Any vendors show up or is this just a fairly small group of "trikers" getting together? Or is this in conjunction with Thunder in the Smokies? Thanks in advance for any input.

looked at woody old post...... Hilllbilly camp ground

there is a campground very close to the B/W less than 1 mile i think. Hopefully "Woody" will chime in as he stays at that campground.. I just don't know the name looking forward to seein u

looked at woody old post...... Hilllbilly camp ground

That's right we will be at Hillbilly camp ground and it's walking distance from the BW if you like walking

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back