Kind of back to the thread about getting picked on because you ride a trike...welllll

Re: Kind of back to the thread about getting picked on because you ride a trike...wel

I actually get Harley riders waving at me when I'm riding the Goldwing, I don't think they realize they'll be kicked out of the club for doing that:D.

Re: Kind of back to the thread about getting picked on because you ride a trike...wel

Bikerbozo....Keep the clown nose. If you hadn't been wearing it, I'd have never recognized you when we met for lunch in Florence, Az.:D

I wave to almost all. I find a lot will not wave on the freeways as they are staring straight ahead. Most of the slower roads and they almost all wave.

Sometimes I can't wave back, cause I am hanging on to my apehangers so tightly my fingers are froze!!!!:AGGHH:

Gas stops, pit stops, food stops.....doesn't matter, I talk to everyone.....AND I WAVE AT EVERYONE!!!!!! *waving* *waving* (how's come there's no wave smilies?)

Kind of a funny story. Last year we were riding to Las Vegas. Stopped at a roadside rest area for a pit stop. There was a tour bus full of Japanese also heading to Las Vegas. Anyway, Vesta was mobbed by little old Japanese ladies with cameras. Took almost 10 minutes for all of them to get a picture with the old lady biker on the trike. I'm sure the spiked helmet didn't help. I'd bet we have 'sold' several trikes. Everyone seems so amazed that she had that many miles on it and had ridden it so far.

For some reason every time someone is waving at me it looks like their telling me I'm number one except it looks like their using the wrong finger:D.

I have never heard a negative or smart ass comment riding on my trike! Perhaps it is the visual I project, 6'5" 300 lbs, fully sleeved with tattoos, even my neck has em. I do have a slight limp-but everybody just seems to really like me:D. AS far as the 1%ers go, Having been there done that, I will just say if they didn't have each other-they might not have anything! They put pants on one leg at a time, and fear grizzley bears and the devil just like everyone else.:D

They probably even call you SIR!!!!:D

msocko3, does that mean they are actually raising their arm above the belt to wave? :D

It seems to me about 98% of riders "wave" by pointing at the road as they ride past. At what time did the "real" wave turn into the "pointing at the ground" wave? :Shrug: And why did it change? Lazyness or does it look dorky to the "macho" crowd?

I still give the old fashioned high wave. Just habit I guess and besides I want them to know they were waved at not that I was pointing out a road hazard.

BinIdaho, what about :wave4: or ~ when there are no smilies available?

FWIW, I have always waved, two fingers pointing down towards the ground...in the old days that meant "keep two wheels down". As for being looked down upon for riding a trike, we were the first in our group, now two years later there are three.....one Ultra w/ Roadsmith, one Triglide and one GW with a Lehman....

And if you go back even farther it was the clenched fist. There are 7 in our Legion Rider group now, on some rides the trikes outnumber the 2 wheelers.

I wave at everyone on bikes/trikes. Been showing the 2 fingers down for 2 wheelers since I got trike now flash 3 fingers when I see trikes.

A lot of that sorta pointing down waving here in North GA too. But I don't care how they wave, if they wave I'll wave back. But I'm tired of 2 wheel Ultra guys completely snubbing me on the trike, so to heck with it, I ain't waving first anymore. This really surprised me at first, and at first I was a little butthurt over it. I'm over it now.

It's funny, I get the most consistent waves from BMW and Honda guys. Heck, I wave back. This ain't the old days anymore, and at least they're in the wind. Besides, just like me on the trike, I don't know their story either.

I had a club member at a HOG meeting come up to me and say, "I understand you ride a trike because you have health issues". I replied, "None that I know of. I just choose to ride a trike because my wife loves to ride with me." The TG gives me piece of mind with a lot less to worry about when 2-up. And, I agree with the previous posts about it just being "beautiful". I had an '09 UC and traded it in for the trike. No regrets at all. Love this ride and so does the wife. Like "screwball" says, "4 wheels is too many and two is not enough".

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back