Getting on the plane

Home

Well one more "Last Great Adventure" down. Bought the trike with engine guard, foot pegs, Sundowner and backrest, and of course a windshield. 4932.1 miles to my front door (minus 6 miles already on the bike, a wrong turn in Ft Worth and a missed exit in Edmonton, Alberta) in 8 days. Texan, New Mexico and southern Colorado was hot hot hot. Sunburned wrist where the shirt didn't reach the gloves and of course my nose. Rain started in Colorado and lasted all the way to the Canadian Rockies. Hail around Fort Nelson and some washed out roads between Fort St John and Dawson Creek. Once I popped over the rockies it was blue bird the rest of the way. So it is for the motorcycle rider.
The bike - performed well. Love the cruise control.

A must have.

Cruise at 80/85 no problem. Gas milage sucked at that speed. Clutch lever is a bit of a reach. Sundowner broke in about 1500 miles. I've done this run on two wheels and it was more fun than the trike. The Ultra is dryer. Didn't have soft lowers in stock for the Freewheeler. Got some paint chips on the finders.
I can live with it.

Took me about 3 gas stops to realize I had another two feet of width behind me. Got lots of pics and will post as soon as I can.

Still scrubbing on the bike.

Maybe another 4 or 5 hrs of bugs and dirt to get off.

Got sick as soon as I got back so sorry for the late post. Already thinking of what to add.:D

Back surgery tomorrow so I may be grounded for a week or so.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope your flight is smooth.

You will have a fun ride home, but I can't promise good weather.

You were dead on on that one.

Congrats on making it home in one piece, sounds like the weather was a little bit of everything, looking forward to some pics. Sure hope the surgery goes well for you.

What a wild-ass ride! I had to MapQuest it to see where you had to go. I pretty much knew that you can't get to Juneau by land but Anchorage is quite a hike from Louisiana. Wasn't there a Harley dealer a bit closer that would have made you a similar deal or did you just want to take a 5k ride? Glad you made it home safely.

What a wild-ass ride! I had to MapQuest it to see where you had to go. I pretty much knew that you can't get to Juneau by land but Anchorage is quite a hike from Louisiana. Wasn't there a Harley dealer a bit closer that would have made you a similar deal or did you just want to take a 5k ride? Glad you made it home safely.

Yes - here in Anchorage but I wanted the ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Folks I still have photos to post. Had back surgery right after I got home and some minor problems afterward. I wont forget.

Wow, what a trip Toocold6, no wonder it took a couple of days to clean the bike, thanks for posting some of your pics.

Would love to see a few more pictures. Especially of how overall dirty your FW got. I have never seen a trike that muddy:AGGHH: However, what an adventure. Did the FW shine up nicely after all of those rough roads?

I think I'm still cleaning of the ALCAN dirt! The shine came back but it took some elbow grease. There was one very bad piece of road between Haines Junction and Destruction Bay that was dirt/gravel. There had been a flood between Dawson Creek and Fort Saint John and some places were down to one lane with dirt and mud in the road. I've done the ALCAN before on a motorcycle and it was a nice ride. I just caught a bad piece of weather. Id do it again.

Great breakin

Looking good what a way to start with a new member of your family you know it fairly well by know.ThumbUpride safely fearless

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back