Getting Air Into The Tires

Noodles107

250+ Posts
Dec 8, 2022
Myrtle Beach SC USA
Good evening …

So you would think that putting air in your tires would be a pretty easy thing to do right? But first you have to find a pump that you can actually get to the valve stems. Whether it’s a gas station air pump or a bicycle style pump it’s quite the project to find one that fits. Do you guys use any cool trick pumps or try station after station until you find one where the head angle allows you to get at the valve stems … best I’ve done was with a bicycle pump with one of those lock on ends. Not great

Thanks so much

JACO

Good evening …

So you would think that putting air in your tires would be a pretty easy thing to do right? But first you have to find a pump that you can actually get to the valve stems. Whether it’s a gas station air pump or a bicycle style pump it’s quite the project to find one that fits. Do you guys use any cool trick pumps or try station after station until you find one where the head angle allows you to get at the valve stems … best I’ve done was with a bicycle pump with one of those lock on ends. Not great

Thanks so much

71Vnr+ieKWL._SX425_.jpg

JACO FlowPro Digital Tire Inflator with Pressure Gauge - 200 PSIAMAZON = $38.19

Yup, if, you do not have the right angle it aint no fun

Milton, is what I have been using for many years

51VyxrVAP5L._AC_SX679_.jpg

I use my Ryobi battery operated pump no problem getting on or off the valve stem. I just set the pressure to the PSI I want. Put it on the valve stem and automatically stops at the pressure I selected...As Ron Popeil says;

” Just set it and forget it”…😁..

You might have a look @ carrying this in your trunk available from H D dealers

I added this to my 15 and 17 Freewheelers air shock line so I would not have to remove the side cover

42300009_TT.jpg

Thanks for all the input ...

This valve extender is perfect and I'm ordering one from HD right now. I think that the battery powered compressor like the Ryobi that rhino spoke of would be a great addition to the garage as well.

Thanks again for all the great ideas

Jeff

You might have a look @ carrying this in your trunk available from H D dealers

I added this to my 15 and 17 Freewheelers air shock line so I would not have to remove the side cover

42300009_TT.jpg

This is one handy little item. Bought one last year and carry it always. Not so much for the back tires, but for the front. Just much easier to put air in with my compressor.

HD Tire Pressure Gauge

I use the HD tire pressure gauge at home... it has two angled valve stem fittings, which makes it easy to use. I carry the HD air compressor in my trunk, which attaches to charging adapter for power. Both work great. And for added measure, I run 20 psi in rear tires, which overcomes the terrible shocks. Ride safe :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back