Broken antenna

Aug 5, 2020
Glendale, Az USA
I keep breaking my radio and cb antennas (mostly the cb)on my 96 1500 and was considering getting motorized antenna or possibly a shorter booster antenna. Anyone have any suggestions on what works best or where I might look for them.:cool:

Owned 6 different GLs since the 1980s and never had a broken antenna. Are you mounting big ol' flags on them or something? Seems strange. Where are they breaking?....... Jim

Laziness

[QUO

TE=tfdeputydawg;784066]How do you break them?????[/QUOTE]

Usually pulling in and out of my garage, I wasnt aware that they collapsed when I first bought the bike. Not that there convenient to collapse, Broke one when it was collapsed caught on my belt buckle. Id still Prefer them to be a bit shorter. I havent even used the CB not even sure if it works. But i think it also makes the bike look old. Now I feel like a fool because Im the only one breaking them Lol

Thanks...

I think I should have asked that question differently.. I know why I'm breaking them (I'm an idiot) what I meant was, what is the best way to shorten the antenna without sacrificing too much reception & does anyone know if they make auto extend ones for my trike?:xzqxz: And yes I have a few flags but not on my antennaIMG_L4551.JPG

I think I should have asked that question differently.. I know why I'm breaking them (I'm an idiot) what I meant was, what is the best way to shorten the antenna without sacrificing too much reception & does anyone know if they make auto extend ones for my trike?:xzqxz: And yes I have a few flags but not on my antennaView attachment 91830

Matt.....My Old Man Rest His Soul 'Would always say to me ' Son' He always called me Son...'Son never knock yourself cause there is someone who is always willing knock you and do it without even asking......:D....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back