Any Rumor's on the 2019's yet?

From what i’ve read yesterday/today both the tri glide and the free wheeler will have the 114 engine, source is CARB listings for 19’s. Also it seems the Ultra and special lines will have the 114’s. There is also a listing for FXDRS with a 114 listed with the touring bikes.

From what i’ve read yesterday/today both the tri glide and the free wheeler will have the 114 engine, source is CARB listings for 19’s. Also it seems the Ultra and special lines will have the 114’s. There is also a listing for FXDRS with a 114 listed with the touring bikes.

I really do not want to hear those 114 rumors!

I'm still waiting to see what the PanAmerica is going to be, along with the Brooklyn. New colors-Id like to see a trike in white.Not buying nothin.But I'll take a poster with a 25 year old Inger Steven's lookalike posing on a trike.

saw the color book and that's not happening for 2019.... personally I didn't like just about all the colors..... just a bit too..... hmmm sort of like getting a Ferrari in a burgundy (read old fart color) metallic ...

Heard mention that hd wants to clamp down on warranty claims with bikes using non hd parts. Use hd parts only or warranty voided, shrewd business move or suicide? Just food for thought, nothing in writing...... yet

I was talking to Milwaukee today, and from the conversation I was having also warranty related - I will tell you this is TRUE. any item that does not come from HD is considered not to be tested with the bike and therefore voids warranty - shrewd? well I gave them a piece of my mind for being idiots. Had I known this I would have moved to Boss Hoss now instead of waiting one more bike.

Now here is the work around - we all have to bite the bullet and have a dealer do the install to make it warranty since then it falls on the dealer and your legal imagination can take it from there.

Heard mention that hd wants to clamp down on warranty claims with bikes using non hd parts. Use hd parts only or warranty voided, shrewd business move or suicide? Just food for thought, nothing in writing...... yet

This relates to Powertrain warranty issues 2017 and newer ( Dealers have been tuning bikes outside the limits for years)

HD got a beat down from the EPA and paid huge fines for tuning bikes out side of EPA guide lines

The only approved tuner that will NOT void your Powertrain warrant as of now is the HD tuner.https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/consent-decree-harley-davidson

You can read about it here

Reactions: MDO
Jack, I know about the powertrain and the epa, but the conversation that I had they were talking things like handle bars, air filters, lights etc. Anything that is not approved by HD could void the warranty. I just see it as a way to eliminate a lot of warranty claims($$$) while increasing revenue for the mothership. Again this is speculation/rumor at the dealer, but you never know.

Jack, I know about the powertrain and the epa, but the conversation that I had they were talking things like handle bars, air filters, lights etc. Anything that is not approved by HD could void the warranty. I just see it as a way to eliminate a lot of warranty claims($$$) while increasing revenue for the mothership. Again this is speculation/rumor at the dealer, but you never know.

Yup, the owners manual wording has not changed much over the years

The KEY word is could as in could void warranty

I asked when I was talking to Milwaukee on the other stuff - ALL 3rd party stuff is included is what they said - the key phrase is "Has been tested with" and as I said on the former post - apparently no other manufacturer tests jack shit according to MOCO. total morons.

Hypothetically.......You sell a bike to someone , And you warrantee it for two years....

And later that someone adds stuff to the bike that you have no knowledge as to if that stuff will do damage or not do damage to that bike.....And then that someone asks will the warrantee still be good......What would you say to that someone....:Shrug:

I asked when I was talking to Milwaukee on the other stuff - ALL 3rd party stuff is included is what they said - the key phrase is "Has been tested with" and as I said on the former post - apparently no other manufacturer tests jack shit according to MOCO. total morons.

Good points:p

And I agree with the Moron part;)

No more rumors boys & girls, the 2019 trikes are here with new paint choices, new braking systems & traction control'

And both models get the nice big M8 114 cu. in. motor with 122 ft lbs. of torque.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/index.html

Color's, not so much. I'd like to find out about the suspension upgrades they were talking about. Hope they got rid of the air shocks. 114 motor. Wow. Got me interested again.

Color's, not so much. I'd like to find out about the suspension upgrades they were talking about. Hope they got rid of the air shocks. 114 motor. Wow. Got me interested again.

On the hardware side, the 2019 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra and Freewheeler get new front and rear suspension. The new front suspension features dual bending valve internal technology for more linear damping performance, smoother ride, and better feel. Emulsion technology rear suspension feature a single-knob preload adjustment.

In addition, select 2019 Touring and trike motorcycles are powered by the Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine. Harley says the Milwaukee-Eight 114 delivers up to 5 percent more torque than the Milwaukee-Eight 107 (123 pound-feet versus 117 pound-feet) and up to 5 percent quicker 0-to-60-mph acceleration than Milwaukee-Eight 107.

Read here

Looks like the Infotainment unit was changed also. From what I could see (not a lot) the GPS is a lot better. Reverse button moved to the right side.

Wish I hadn't replaced my TG already. I'd really consider a 2019 :)

Hopefully all the past problems have been addressed.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back