2019 trike

New to the forum.... i do have a question . I have a 2019 harley trike. at about 9400 miles.... while down shifting at a normal speed , more so , from 5th to 4th , 4th to 3rd, 3rd to 2nd, when i release the clutch lever , you hear this grunting noise for a brief moment.. Personally i feel its the clutch plate or a tight cable... The bike is in the shop for the 10000 mile service. bike has warranty... I talked to the service department.. they said their mechanic is waiting for a call from harley tech group..... so my questions is,,,,, what do you all think is the problem..... thanks.

Hi Sunny, Welcome to Trike Talk and your first post

Exactly what model trike do you have? TriGlide? Freewheeler?

I would be only guessing at your problem

One thing for sure, it will get sorted

Keep us informed on your trike, we all learn when we share

Sunny, welcome to TrikeTalk from Texas. I can’t help with the sound you’re hearing, but I don’t think it could be cable noise, 2019 should have a hydraulic clutch. Good luck.

Welcome, your 2019 does have hydraulics, so not a cable issue. The fist thing that jumps out at me is a 4-5 year old bike with low miles could need both systems flushed. I'm sure your dealer will be looking into that possibly as part of your 10,000 mile service.

New to the forum.... i do have a question . I have a 2019 harley trike. at about 9400 miles.... while down shifting at a normal speed , more so , from 5th to 4th , 4th to 3rd, 3rd to 2nd, when i release the clutch lever , you hear this grunting noise for a brief moment.. Personally i feel its the clutch plate or a tight cable... The bike is in the shop for the 10000 mile service. bike has warranty... I talked to the service department.. they said their mechanic is waiting for a call from harley tech group..... so my questions is,,,,, what do you all think is the problem..... thanks.

Sunny…Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍.

My bike 2019 TG has made this exact noise since day one. I noticed it more while riding the tail of the dragon under heavy use but it does it all the time more so when it's hot. I've talked to several dealers and nobody seems to know what it is. I feel it is someplace in the clutch plates also but it runs great shift great and no other problems. I look at it as it's just the noise it makes. I had the compensator go bad and change that but it made no difference. 30000 miles.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back