wheel convertion

Mar 22, 2010
Nashville Mi
i need to mount a set of 4 lug tri glide wheels on an 5 lug hub . what is the lug spacing on the tri glide wheels. Anyone know where i can locate a 4 lug hub i could switch too or an adopter that would work

this is for a trike hearse i built and sent to a customer with a set of 5 lug chrome wheels--the axle is one i get from Redneck trailer company.
He has decided he wants to match wheels to his trike

Sounds to me he'd be better off having new hubs machined to accomodate the wheels. I don't think there's any kind of adapter.

If that axle has the most common 1" axle dia.for light duty trailers,a choice of a 4-bolt or 5-bolt hub is available at most auto parts,U-Haul or trailer supply outlets.
Don't know if the 4-bolt hub would match the tri-glide wheel however.
You most likely already know,measuring center to center across two lug holes would give you an idea of the hub you would need.
Does Redneck carry a 4-lug hub for their axle.

unfortunatly i don't have wheels to measure lug measurements. I have a set ordered waiting for them to get here. Tried to find the measurement on line but unable to find bolt pattern

I just switched my 4 lug hubs to 5 lug hubs for the same reason. I found mine thru JC Whitney out of Chicago and ordered them online for $34 each shipped. As long as the axle diamenter is the same there should be no problem.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back