What did you do to your Trike this week?

Missed You Guys

Don't ask.. it has been a long time since I came on. I have just been very busy and no time to get on and contribute. Lots has happened on repairs and upgrades to my ride, so, I may be able to share the work, to see if it helps with some of your problems. I promise to get back on, soon and contribute!

See you later,

Rosy

Broken Tabs On Fairings

I have found a way to fix the broken tabs on the fairing of the Goldwings. If you would like to see the photos of the work and materials used, PM, me with your email address.

There are just too many photos to try to upload.

So far they have held up, with the stress load of my deflection wind wings.

The only draw back is the length of time it took me to do, but it was worth not spending $500 on a new fairing.

Also, I am sure many of you have better tools to work with than I did, as my tool selection is limited. I have seen some of your workshops, and I am amazed.

Rosy

Attachments

• 58767054001__513CD5BC-A768-4500-B965-EF8B57A7E6FE.jpg
    58767054001__513CD5BC-A768-4500-B965-EF8B57A7E6FE.jpg
    833.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 58767054001__513CD5BC-A768-4500-B965-EF8B57A7E6FE.JPG
    58767054001__513CD5BC-A768-4500-B965-EF8B57A7E6FE.JPG
    565.1 KB · Views: 167
Last spring had to have a new caliper put on my Hannigan trike. Now I have a red caliper and a new one, So, I will get some caliper paint and match the red one. Also paint the hub black to make it look purty! I know some trikers think this is foolish to make your trike look pretty, but it makes it mine.

Last winter's project was to hook my trunk door to the side cover display when open. Ran out of time finding the plug, rewiring the switch, and fitting the wires. Had some great help from fellow trikers in trying to figure out where the plug was for the hookup. Never found it under the seat, so I was advised it may be hiding under the upper trunk, or in the recess areas around the seat. So, with winter being so long, snowy, cold, and me just getting back from my "adventure" (that's another story) since December 8th, we are going to "try" and tackle these projects before spring.

Hope your "projects" go well for you.

Rosy

Most of us want our ("Toys") trikes to look pretty.

I wiped my trike down and road a few miles yesterday, New Years Day! :clapping:

Car Show Winner b.JPG

Looks great. Brace soul to take it out of storage and ride in the winter.

Be careful of the salt getting on the frame, it could damage it.

Rosy

Just to update the thread

Old Shiney sat in the garage sadly wanting to go but No ride... travel ban in effect in Pennsylvania. We will do what we can do...to "Stay Safe, Stay home and Stay Healthy" please everyone do the same...:cool: Fred/Jeanne

Not much traffic here

Well this week our County (Clarion) moved to a green statis next Friday. My thoughts political bullshit I refuse to live in fear,my faith is in God and in him alone 🙏. Old Shiney got a new tour pac rack lighted one. Really nice. We went out for a ride on Saturday beautiful day. Ride safe Fred

today first early start for a Lunch ride.

We're back Went to Lance's Corner's about 2 hours north on RT. 66 not far from New York state line great old biker bar and restaurant. So nice to be out Trike runs and rides like never before... Travel safe Fred

I added some chrome trim around the wheel wells and got my Battery Tender connection cord installed on the battery right after learning how to remove the side covers from the HTX / Goldwing conversion.

Nothing......But i went away for 3 days with my son [With the truck ] And my other son borrowed it to ride his girls around...And he changed the radio setting to some FM station ..So when i took the trike out this morning it took an hour of cursing trying figure out how to get the thumb drive to play...I just listen to music from the 50's to the 70's ...And no interruptions no commercials news or weather reports to fill my head..

Nothing......But i went away for 3 days with my son [With the truck ] And my other son borrowed it to ride his girls around...And he changed the radio setting to some FM station ..So when i took the trike out this morning it took an hour of cursing trying figure out how to get the thumb drive to play...I just listen to music from the 50's to the 70's ...And no interruptions no commercials news or weather reports to fill my head..

Yep, me also. Listen to 50s / 60s / 70s and Classic Vinyl all on XM Radio. My autos and Trike.

Hello

2020.. This is going to be one for the books. Lost Friends to the pandemic, rallies and rides not happening, if they happen, they are under a dark cloud, of what could happen, Friends not traveling to usual destinations, shortages of parts and other essentials (TP), and most of All, not being able to see Friends like "normal" years. Even if you are staying home, you are careful of what you do and where you go!

Most of us are in the Elderly category, so, we have to be very careful, not to take chances, like we did 50 years ago! 50 years ago, we would be able to fight it, now days, it could be fatal. 50 years ago, I would say, bring it on, it won't hurt me! Just like we use to ride our scooters, Ride'em like I stole it!

I hope all the Friends I have met and spoken to are all safe and sound. But, I do have tears in my eyes, for Friends I have lost.

Please, stay Safe!

Rosy

2020.. This is going to be one for the books. Lost Friends to the pandemic, rallies and rides not happening, if they happen, they are under a dark cloud, of what could happen, Friends not traveling to usual destinations, shortages of parts and other essentials (TP), and most of All, not being able to see Friends like "normal" years. Even if you are staying home, you are careful of what you do and where you go!

Most of us are in the Elderly category, so, we have to be very careful, not to take chances, like we did 50 years ago! 50 years ago, we would be able to fight it, now days, it could be fatal. 50 years ago, I would say, bring it on, it won't hurt me! Just like we use to ride our scooters, Ride'em like I stole it!

I hope all the Friends I have met and spoken to are all safe and sound. But, I do have tears in my eyes, for Friends I have lost.

Please, stay Safe!

Rosy

Amen Rosy...Great to hear from you.

Randy

Please, stay Safe!

Rosy
Thank you Rosey we all have been touched by this Chinese Virus we lost my brother Bill two weeks ago. So I really understand what you are saying. Fred

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back