What did you do to your Trike this week?

Rosy the timing belts didn't look bad but looks can be deceiving, the belts tend to wear minutely over time until the timing gets off just enough for the bike to stop running, its not a matter of the belts breaking, at least that is my understanding from the various post I have read. As to when this might happen is a matter of speculation and since the service manual does not give a service interval for the belts most agree it should be done between 46 and 65 thousand miles, my bike had right at 46 thousand miles on it so I felt it to be prudent to go ahead and change the belts.ThumbUp

OK, so, I am at about 50,000, now it is the time to start seriously thinking about replacement.
Anybody else changed their timing belt on an 1800 lately?
Thanks for the info, great to know.

Rosy

Rosy the 1800 unlike previous wings has timing chains. Pretty much no maintenance required except for having your valve clearances checked. Thats what I like about the 1800 fill it with gas and go and once in awhile change the oil.

Mick, thanks for the update. Never knew that, WOW, that's great, learned something new today! Makes today a Great day!
Valve clearance done last year, good to go for a while.
My tech, Jim, who recently passed away, had a devise that could check the air filter to see if it needed replacing, I wonder if other shops have this method of seeing the air filter, or do they just change it if it needs it or not?
Thanks again for the info!

Rosy

Rosy for around $20.00 you can go to Amazon and buy one of those USB fiber optic cameras that hook into a laptop. I hear theyre great for looking at the air filters through the intake ducts. With mine Ive changed the filter twice ,each at 25,000 miles on it. And at 25,000 I could still go another 10,000. If you were a lot closer Id say bring her over.

Thanks Mick, I had mine changed recently so I am not worried about it as of yet. I did write down when Honda recommends it should be done in my maintenance page.
You are correct in saying, get all maintenance work done, ride it till the cows come home.

Rosy

The trike had an oil change, New K & N filter for better flow.
The pipes had the baffles taken out, after that did a run to
Daytona and it started to stall out at the lights after highway
miles SO back to the shop and had a Power Commander
installed and what a world of difference. Am now ready to
hit the road friday heading to Sturgis. :pepper:

Big0, glad you got everything fixed and you are ready for your adventure. Have a great time and take pictures to show us.
Sully, you have the same rain pockets as I got for my equipment. Did you buy it at WallyWorld?
It works, because I gave gone through some rain and not a drop was in it.

Rosy

I had to replace one of the bulbs on one of my cornering lights. Went on a group ride down some really bumpy twisties. Vibration must ahve broken the filament. Also ordered the RAM Aqua box for my GPS. Tired of having it fall out of the "grip" holder when I hit a bump!

WOW Brian, must have been really bumpy road to have that happen.
I use industrial type Velcro to hold my radio rain-proof cover and it hasn't come loose yet during any of our rides.
Have a good time on your vacation! We should be heading back to NH soon from NM.

Rosy

Big0, glad you got everything fixed and you are ready for your adventure. Have a great time and take pictures to show us.
Sully, you have the same rain pockets as I got for my equipment. Did you buy it at WallyWorld?
It works, because I gave gone through some rain and not a drop was in it.

Rosy

Hey Rosy, no I ordered them from Amazon. They have a hard backing mount that bolts to a Ram mount on the handlebar.

image.jpg
You can see the Velcro just below the gray plastic piece. I also put another piece of Velcro on the gray plastic piece to make it more stable. works great.

Rosy

Had to revert to doing the Velcro thing because my handlebars are full. I have a Kury mug holder on my left hand and a coffee cup holder on my right side.
Last year going to the NETT Rally, we got stuck in traffic and that Kury mug came in very handy with ice water in it. Save the day!

Rosy

John, don't know, we are still in New Mexico and won't be home till next week. I assume the trike is fixed, unless they ran into problems, in which we should have had a phone call.
tGlide lift, please explain to us non Harley people, I assume it goes to a Harley trike? If you have pictures, please post.
Thanks.

Rosy

John, don't know, we are still in New Mexico and won't be home till next week. I assume the trike is fixed, unless they ran into problems, in which we should have had a phone call.
tGlide lift, please explain to us non Harley people, I assume it goes to a Harley trike? If you have pictures, please post.
Thanks.

Rosy

The tGlide lift is a replacement of the lower shock mount brackets on a TriGlide. It raises the shock 1.25". I didn't take any pictures but here is an internet photo.

Attachments

• New_Mounted.jpg
    New_Mounted.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 126

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back