What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Mounted and wired DK Custom's Stealth LED Driving Lights. Replaced the OEM Seat Screw with Rivco's 2 1/2" Knurled Seat Knob. The longer knob is much needed with the one inch longer than stock Ultimate Seat. Did some quick cleaning with Purple Slice to remove bugs and lite grime from yesterday's run to Dealership for their April Lunch Ride. Maybe some installs tomorrow, but best of all.....some ride time!!

Rivco Seat Knob....no more fumbling with a screwdriver deep in that dark cavity.:)hd9000_updated_009_ps_web-1.jpg

Mounted and wired DK Custom's Stealth LED Driving Lights. Replaced the OEM Seat Screw with Rivco's 2 1/2" Knurled Seat Knob. The longer knob is much needed with the one inch longer than stock Ultimate Seat. Did some quick cleaning with Purple Slice to remove bugs and lite grime from yesterday's run to Dealership for their April Lunch Ride. Maybe some installs tomorrow, but best of all.....some ride time!!

Rivco Seat Knob....no more fumbling with a screwdriver deep in that dark cavity.:)View attachment 71003

Wes, I would keep an eye on that seat knob and make sure it stays tight. I had something similar on a VTX several years ago and could not keep it tight (never tried blue lock tight) and finally lost it somewhere. Hope this one is better than what I had then. Keep us posted, if it works for you, I may try one. I like the idea.

Modifications over three winters

Not today, but the last winters I did some things on my 2015 TGU (the list is missing the optical trimming)

Thanks for the inspiration!

Winter 16/17:

• Baker Reverse - what a great piece of hardware!
  • Mid-Step - best accessory ever
  • Tourpack relocation kit
  • DK Comfort Lift Kit - good, but could be better, with better suspension
  • Wind Splitter windshield

Winter 17/18:

• SE259E cam - more torque, some more HP
  • Penzl exhaust, deep mellow sound, with step less volume control :D
  • Oil cooler with fan

Winter 18/19:

• Stage 1 intake - wow, what a grunt
  • Wilbers springs and oil in the fork - taut but still sensible
  • Legend Gear Lift Kit and Air Suspension - nice height, more comfortable but taut
  • Reinforced clutch (original dead after 19“ miles)
  • Rocker locker

Now I think it is finished.

The bike is now very agile (important here on the Europe roads) but still comfortable and has a good pull from low rpms and a great additional push over 3000.

Probably the BMW GS hunting on windy mountain roads was the reason for the early death of the clutch (the 2 weeks in Norway were a torture for motor, clutch and suspension).

Hopefully now I’m better prepared for Scotland this year.

Today at the Sudelfeld

750_0056.jpg

Rivco Seat Knob....no more fumbling with a screwdriver deep in that dark cavity.:)View attachment 71003

I did something similar ... with a SS Caphead and a nut:

Seat Screw.jpg

I can start it with my hand, and tighten it with an allen wrench. The nut is just superglued to the caphead ... it's not going anywhere.

Wes, I would keep an eye on that seat knob and make sure it stays tight. I had something similar on a VTX several years ago and could not keep it tight (never tried blue lock tight) and finally lost it somewhere. Hope this one is better than what I had then. Keep us posted, if it works for you, I may try one. I like the idea.

Thanks for looking out! I'll be sure to check it a couple times weekly over the next month ensure it stays tight. Hopefully, it works out.....if not may have to try Fuzzy's tried and proven seat screw mod.

I did something similar ... with a SS Caphead and a nut:I can start it with my hand, and tighten it with an allen wrench. The nut is just superglued to the caphead ... it's not going anywhere.

I like it!! If mine doesn't out, will go-to your mod.

Replaced the OEM Seat Screw

Rivco Seat Knob....no more fumbling with a screwdriver deep in that dark cavity.:)

View attachment 71003

Has anyone used one of these along with the Tour Pak relocation kit all the way back? I'm wondering if my wife were to slide all the way back for a change of location....well that might be a bit intrusive if ya know what I mean. Could hurt a lot.

Has anyone used one of these along with the Tour Pak relocation kit all the way back? I'm wondering if my wife were to slide all the way back for a change of location....well that might be a bit intrusive if ya know what I mean. Could hurt a lot.

With the relocation ... I doubt you'd need it ... easier access. And ... yea ... pretty sure the win e wouldn't enjoy that.

Happy to report that I haven't had anyone have any actual experience with the condition you describe. My conditions are a bit different; the Relocation Kit I used only provides the Tour Pak with a two inch max move to the rear. Also my Ultimate Tall Boy Seat is one inch longer than the stock seat. But I'm thinking that given the thickness and forward curvature of the passenger backrest, it would be quite difficult for my passenger to actually sit upright and then have a certain part of their derriere directly above my extended seat knob.

Happy to report it would be quite difficult for my passenger to actually sit upright and then have a certain part of their derriere directly above my extended seat knob.

LOL ... sorry ... but I just have to laugh at your report ... thanks for that ... nice to see that we can discuss things in a non vulgar way and with a touch of humor (although, if the scenario above actually happened, it would not be in the least funny). I do think it was a good point to bring up when using the 3" back option. Anyway ... just wanted to let you know you put a smile on this old face .. :D

Just placed an order for a K&N Rain Sock for the HiFlow 606 Air Cleaner.

Now I have to go out and to button up the trike under the carport. Weather forecasts for the next fours days are calling for severe thunderstorms with high probability of tornadic activity. Torrential rainfall and high flood conditions. Sounds like we're in for monsoon like conditions too!!

No boat....and can't swim either.:gah:

We have our TP relocated back the full 3" and the thumbscrew is well below the top of the seat and the top surface of the trunk body that is 1/2" away from the thumbscrew.

Even though our sheepskin pretty much fills in that empty space between the back of the seat and the relocated TP, I've asked Mary if she wants the filler pad that goes in that space. She says her butt never goes back that far, even with the TP relocated, it stays on the seat.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back