What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

You will like the linkage, Stock SUCKS:p

Jac

I have this one

33801-09_TT.tif

You sure are right !!!! This thing shifts a lot easier now and finding neutral is even easier. Thats the same one I got!

Foot Pegs

Let me preface this by saying that not only is this my first trike but also my first Harley. I made the jump from 25 years of Goldwings mostly due to the way you get treated by the Honda dealerships and secondly because I wanted a trike that was built by the manufacturer, not 2 or three entities for the final product. I have a 2022 Tri Glide that just broke 1K so I am early in the learning process. I like the Kurakyn (sp?) switch blades but to be honest over the years I have been disappointed with their chrome products. I am looking for a set of highway pegs and it looks like with the Harley I have to purchase the mounts and pegs separately. Any suggestions and why you like them would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance from the new guy on the block :D

Let me preface this by saying that not only is this my first trike but also my first Harley. I made the jump from 25 years of Goldwings mostly due to the way you get treated by the Honda dealerships and secondly because I wanted a trike that was built by the manufacturer, not 2 or three entities for the final product. I have a 2022 Tri Glide that just broke 1K so I am early in the learning process. I like the Kurakyn (sp?) switch blades but to be honest over the years I have been disappointed with their chrome products. I am looking for a set of highway pegs and it looks like with the Harley I have to purchase the mounts and pegs separately. Any suggestions and why you like them would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance from the new guy on the block :D

The One thing I can say about purchasing chrome products from aftermarket companies instead of from Harley is that Harley knows chrome I’ve never been disappointed with the chrome products from Harley can’t say that with aftermarket chrome…

Installed the JES fork wings/fangs find out tomorrow how well they work.

Those fangs are known to block airflow to the engine.

Kurt

Yes I took it out today for a short ride today and that appears to be the case

Find out tomorrow with a longer ride

They do a good job at blocking air to the rider, reducing buffeting. They also block air to the engine, typically increasing engine temps around 20-25 F. These engines already run too hot for their own good, so looking for a different way to reduce buffeting and cool down the engine instead of making it hotter.

A Tank Lift and Cooling Deflector Wings will cool down the engine about 20 F, instead of heating it up about the same. They will also reduce buffeting. NOT as much as the fangs, but quite a bit for most riders.

Kevin

They do a good job at blocking air to the rider, reducing buffeting. They also block air to the engine, typically increasing engine temps around 20-25 F. These engines already run too hot for their own good, so looking for a different way to reduce buffeting and cool down the engine instead of making it hotter.

A Tank Lift and Cooling Deflector Wings will cool down the engine about 20 F, instead of heating it up about the same. They will also reduce buffeting. NOT as much as the fangs, but quite a bit for most riders.

Kevin

Yes I have noticed the heat on the 2 rides I have done with the Fangs installed they are probable coming back off

its been cool here lately so I am sure I havent over heated the engine yet

I already have your Cooling Deflector Wings and floor board extensions on it an a taller windshield along with these fangs

It seems to be rideable now but not if the engine is going to get hotter its already hot enough on my right leg and the wives leg

plus I dont need any heat induced engine issues

I am about done with throwing money at this dinosaur

A Gold Wing trike without a warranty is looking better an better or possibly a Can AM Spyder

I have ridden on the street since I was 15 in them 49 years I have owned at a minimum 35 motorcycles of which 4 were Harleys

including this one.

this is my 5th trike 3 were VWs 1 was a Goldwing

out of all of them bikes/trikes. I like this thing the least !

The One thing I can say about purchasing chrome products from aftermarket companies instead of from Harley is that Harley knows chrome I’ve never been disappointed with the chrome products from Harley can’t say that with aftermarket chrome…

Thanks, I do like the quality of the Harley products but so far haven't seen a design that I like. Guess I am a persnickety old person :laugh:

Thanks, I do like the quality of the Harley products but so far haven't seen a design that I like. Guess I am a persnickety old person :laugh:

Dwayne I was watching an infomercial late last night and there was this pretend to be doctor all Dressed in white with a stethoscope hanging from his neck who found that if you grind up the bones of a sardine and add 3 petunia petals it will cure Persnicketiness ….😉😉.. ..

Persnicketiness; Look that up in your’ Funk and Wagnalls …😁..

Dwayne I was watching an infomercial late last night and there was this pretend to be doctor all Dressed in white with a stethoscope hanging from his neck who found that if you grind up the bones of a sardine and add 3 petunia petals it will cure Persnicketiness ….😉😉.. ..

Persnicketiness; Look that up in your’ Funk and Wagnalls …😁..

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Got the tank lift , tank wings , tree baffle and fangs . Run them all year . 200° oil temp and 220-230° head temp . Oh forgot , removed right side air scoop .

Interesting, it seems most folks removed the left deflector and kept the right side to shield their leg from the exhaust. Did you test or randomly remove one?

Interesting, it seems most folks removed the left deflector and kept the right side to shield their leg from the exhaust. Did you test or randomly remove one?

Kind of a common sence issue . If both scoops are on , the air butts each other , as it has no place to go . Removing one side will allow the air to flow out and hopefully help the rear cylinders heating issue . Does it work ? Hope so . I lived 74years on common sence and knowing that you can’t compress liquid .

Sounds like you’re getting a little riled but that’s cool, I have pretty thick skin. I didn’t ask about one deflector verses two, but about left verses right. I have one on the right thinking I would shield my thigh from the exhaust. After I read your post I considered maybe pulling in possibly cooler air from the left may better cool the cylinder. That’s why I asked if you had compared sides. I’m not sure what you were referring to about compressing liquid but if you meant that pulling air from both sides would create positive pressure behind the rear cylinder, then I concur.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back