What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Wishing you the best, those damn things hurt like hell

I just picked my wife up at the airport today, she was in Phoenix for a Dr course, she has been traveling a lot, it gives me more saddle time ;)

Get well soon

Looked at it.

I'm in AZ for some riding, but instead of being able to ride, I am waiting for surgery this next week for a kidney stone that is to large to pass. (14mm x 8mm)

It is sitting right outside the door, begging to be ridden.

Kurt did ride it 30 or 40 miles the other day for me.

Kevin

That’s not a stone’ That’s a boulder…😟

Looked at it.

I'm in AZ for some riding, but instead of being able to ride, I am waiting for surgery this next week for a kidney stone that is to large to pass. (14mm x 8mm)

It is sitting right outside the door, begging to be ridden.

Kurt did ride it 30 or 40 miles the other day for me.

Kevin

Sorry to hear that you are in pain.

Lola

Did a three hole fluid change and went with the lifetime oil filter from FLO at JP Cycles. I only got that one because that’s where I get all of the supplies for my service and had points with my RPM membership. I also went with Mobil 1 20w-50, 75/90 gear oil and 4T 10w-40 in the primary. Redline has really shot up in price and my wife works at Autozone so I get to use her employee discount.

I did make the blunder of grabbing the T25 instead of the T27 for the derby cover. Stripped out the first screw I tried. So I had to deal with that but I’ve been in industrial maintenance for over 30 years so that was no problem. I did order the wrong gasket for the derby cover so I’ll head to my indie shop in the morning and grab the right one. I got the flat gasket instead of the o ring seal.

I also tried out my oil extractor. It worked very well. I did pull the plug on the crankcase and got about 1/2 a quart or less out. Trans and primary were sucked right out. So no big issues there.

All in all, it was a good day.

Did a three hole fluid change and went with the lifetime oil filter from FLO at JP Cycles. I only got that one because that’s where I get all of the supplies for my service and had points with my RPM membership. I also went with Mobil 1 20w-50, 75/90 gear oil and 4T 10w-40 in the primary. Redline has really shot up in price and my wife works at Autozone so I get to use her employee discount.

I did make the blunder of grabbing the T25 instead of the T27 for the derby cover. Stripped out the first screw I tried. So I had to deal with that but I’ve been in industrial maintenance for over 30 years so that was no problem. I did order the wrong gasket for the derby cover so I’ll head to my indie shop in the morning and grab the right one. I got the flat gasket instead of the o ring seal.

I also tried out my oil extractor. It worked very well. I did pull the plug on the crankcase and got about 1/2 a quart or less out. Trans and primary were sucked right out. So no big issues there.

All in all, it was a good day.

Talked to my indie this morning, the flat gasket will work just fine but there's probably nothing wrong with the o-ring. He told me jhe hasn't replaced mine in the 2 years I've had it and been taking it to him. So filled and back on it went with allen head screws and went for a ride. No leaks anywhere and rides just as good as with the Redline for less than half the price.

Installed DK Customs Comfort Lift havent taken it for a ride yet though.

It literally started pouring 3 minutes after I took the jack stands out from under it !

Just barely got it and the tools back in the garage without getting wet

Dakota Digital guages

Installed a set of Dakota Digital gauges yesterday.Took about 2 hrs including drain oil temperature sensor and running wire to gauges. After many Harley touring bikes with crappy gauges which drip some unknown substance that Harley corp calls a anti fogging coating, and having warranty replace 3 sets in my 2021 inside of 3500 miles,I decided enough is enough and spent the money. Easy to program and well worth the expense in my opinion. ;)

Installed a set of Dakota Digital gauges yesterday.Took about 2 hrs including drain oil temperature sensor and running wire to gauges. After many Harley touring bikes with crappy gauges which drip some unknown substance that Harley corp calls a anti fogging coating, and having warranty replace 3 sets in my 2021 inside of 3500 miles,I decided enough is enough and spent the money. Easy to program and well worth the expense in my opinion. ;)

I have it on my 14 and I can’t reset the fuel level. It still thinks I have a 5 gallon instead of 6.

I have it on my 14 and I can’t reset the fuel level. It still thinks I have a 5 gallon instead of 6.

Since you have the Dakota MLX 8414 gauge package, you should be calibrating range to empty feature under fuel programming. One thing to remember is range to empty is determined by fuel usage with rpm. So if your a little heavy handed on the throttle,it will show less miles available when you fill tank up. Also you could relearn range to empty at anytime. You just have to start out with a full tank.

Brought my trike down to my son's house in Phoenix for winter riding season.

Also a big shout out to PosseRider during the Arizona Gathering for noticing that my rear fender lights were only acting as running and turning lights and not brake lights. The original owner had installed the LED tail lights when he purchased it. I am not sure if at that point the lights ever worked as brake lights. The tour pack lights were acting as the brake lights. Before I took the trike down to Phoenix, I stopped by the local HD shop to see if it was a simple fix or not. They did not have a clue and called MOCO tech services. They also did not have a clue! At the same time, Bill was diligently researching the issue while riding back to Ohio checking in with his contacts. Bill's resources were confident that the issue was with the ECM programming for the brake lights. A stop at the dealer in Phoenix confirmed Bill's information and a quick programming change enabled the brake lights! :clapping:

Today I installed the tour pack lid liner and script HD shift linkage. In the past few weeks ive seen several broken OEM shift linkages and a couple zip tied together. Surely, I don't want that headache. After that polished up some of the chrome and removed some of the swamp bugs.

You will like the linkage, Stock SUCKS:p

I have this one

33801-09_TT.tif

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back