VW trike,forward mounted motor

Why not look thru the sheetmetal and see what you want to see, imagine in your mind how it would look and do it, it is not hard, it is just a swingaxle trike

'been back and forth with Steve over at wildmantrikes in florida......we're sort'n out some ideas,dimensions on a frame for that Mid mount pancake motor'd trike that alot of us have taken a shine too!!;)
I'm real close ta send'n him a deposit on a frame.................if We work out the details(I'm sure we will)He's gonna go ahead and fabricate the frame.

If/when this happens I'll start a build thread.
It will take quite a while to build 'er unless I raise some money during the interum(I may sell off some of my stash,bike parts,etc.)

KD...I can do the frame(the $$ for it)but if'n I caint raise the funds to get 'er done proper....she most likely will take a loooong time to do.:pray:

lazor1.....I was just on line with him!!!!!....He may be building the frame for me,I'd have to complete it to accept the various ammendments to build it into a Cool trike....but I believe I could wrap up the whole Trike for under 5 grand.
A task for an old Vet living on a disability pension:D but it would sure be the type of challenge I would enjoy!!!

>>Steve Speidel's Wild Man Trikes

Steve is the one who built my frame... he is the best fabricator I have ever come across... I think this guy use to build airplanes...

Code:
Ive been told to reverse the pinion gear, but have found nothing to actually tell you how to do it
The easiest thing to do...once you unscrew all bolts on each side of gearbox plates holding axles you take diff out and whatever was taken out from right side, you assemble from left side and vice-a-versa. Everything fits right in.

Hey guys....been a long time since I posted:Spying:Just checkin with yall ta find out if anyone else had a similar Idea as I had on the forward motor mount trike?!

I REALLY wish I hadda gone through and built me this trike.............In order to do so,I'd have to sell the trike I have to raise the money.

The whole purpose of builden it to begin with was the independent suspension.

Maybe I can find my way through the obstacles($$) and go ahead and get 'er done....wish me luck!!:innocent::pray:

Hey Bibs --- welcome back! Hope you stick around and participate here whether or not you progress immediately with the build. Notice I said "immediately"; I'm pretty darn sure you will eventually do it, since it is such a great dream and plan :D.

Hey Bibs --- welcome back! Hope you stick around and participate here whether or not you progress immediately with the build. Notice I said "immediately"; I'm pretty darn sure you will eventually do it, since it is such a great dream and plan :D.

Thanks Nana:).....I really got off the beaten path when I pursued another favorite of mine.....and built a 58 panhead bobber....that I cant ride due to vertigo issues:banghead:
With all the money I spent on it(borrowed and cashed in some silver)I could have had my Trike months ago!!:AGGHH:

Hi, just found your info on the swedish style gearbox on ebay a long time back, well i am the guy that was very lucky as i got the whole set up for ten pounds bp, it is a brill bit of kit, mind you i had to travel to get it, i live in north yorkshire and item was for sale in london so a six hundred mile round trip, but have to say extremly happy with it and looking forward to running it this next summer all going well, regards to all steve, uk

there is a box on ebay u.k at the moment cheap but i imagine a bit far to collect for most of you guys lol

vw trike swedish trike gearbox setup on ebay (end time 28-nov-10 13:18:30 gmt)

Hi Guys Yep this is a straight forward conversion the simpleway is to reverse the pinion within the diff housing, and hey presto forward mount keep the legs warm in winter too there a two I have seen done over here and they are nice units.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back