Voyager Trike Turning Speeds

As with any trike , WE TT people , will tell u that 1,000 is a good time to start feeling easy about the driving. The voyager is a little tipper than a full blown trike in that it actually does lean ,but not what you were use to with the 2 wheeler. ( opposite ) After a time you will actually have fun tipping that wheel up and make it chirp. You go brother. :yes:

Hi all,

I am very new on this forum (1st post) and was hoping to get a fear settled in my mind.

To begin I have polio and am unable to ride a conventional Bike. I had the itching to feel the wind and the open road, along with a very limited budget, and ended up getting a 2003 Honda Silver Wing with a Voyager trike kit.

Without ever riding a bike in my past it is all so new to me... but a thrill with every venture.

One thing really bother me about the trike.

1. When taking corners I feel real unsafe. I've read it is common for the outside wheel to lift in a turn, but I am very unsure on how much I should trust this... and to what extent. On the freeway a very mild turn will say 45 MPH for semi's and such. Usually this is the speed that feels safest for me, but I have a feeling I am being overly cautious.

The big question for me is: How fast is safe to corner. Is there a way to tell it is tipping too much? I've been thinking about testing out turns, but am very weary of turning the bike over.

Any tips and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
I had a voyger kit on a royal star o6 and at first it will scare the *&*^ out of you but the best way is to take it to your local wal~mart parking lot and make short turns learning how the tires lift up in turns. You will find it hard to keep two of the tires on the ground on a 45% turn at fast speeds.
The best other advice i can give is not to depend on front brakes in curves relie mostly on rear brakes :innocent:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back