Voyager Kits

Thanks Nana

I am getting it from a dealer who also installs them That is another reason I went with the voyager...There are about three dealers/installers within 2-8 hour drive from me so I checked my resources just in case.

For the insta-trike Dealers 1, but does not install anymore. I just don't want to give it to anyone W/O experience to put it on.

Cant wait!

welcome aboard bigjoey38. I know a couple of guys that have that setup and are pleased with it. Like Nana says the installation is the key.

Re: New here

Hi All

I am new to the site and there is a lot of good info here. I cant afford a traditional trike, so I will get getting an alternate. For the last month I have been asking questions about the insta-trike and the voyager.

Insta-trike seems like a good product, however for my VTX 1300R I will be
limited to the amount of bikes I can change to if I get another bike or if I want to sell it. I think there were 7 Bikes total.

For the voyager it cost a little more but I will have options of over 15 bikes if I want to get another bike or sell the product. The only complaints I have run
into is about the wheel coming up on turns, bottom out or in proper set up. Other then that most people I talked to recommend the voyager. Hope to have it within two weeks.

Welcome to the forum. I bought the Voyager kit a few years ago mainly to see if I was going to like riding a trike without spending $30,000.
The option of removing it was the number 1 reason I bought this kit.
Since my body decided it wasn't going to ever get back to normal, I realized a trike would be my only option as far as riding again.
I put almost 4000 miles on mine in the summer of 08. Anything was better than not riding at all.
I took the plunge last year and purchased a Champion conversion. I do like it much more but almost 3 times the price:(
Good luck with your decision and enjoy the ride.

I rode a Voyager for 3 years 13,000 miles. I loved it ,,,,, Until I Rode a Trike. IT works great for what it is and what it cost. make sure you preload the wheels. I went 1" more than suggested. ( thicker piece of wood under rear tire when preloading ) I found it to make it stiffer. It is going to feel weird for quite a few miles. REMOVAL and Reattaching is a lot harder than they say. I never did it more than a few times and it took 3 of us. 2 men and a small boy <LOL>.
Just a second thought "Don't ride a trike until you are ready to purchase one ". TRUST ME on this and don't ask Y I know

bigjoey38, I bet you are getting excited. I would strongly urge you to do as John suggested, increasing the preload. He has ridden the Voyager longer than I. I am sure your installer would do it at your request?

Get your camera ready:yes:

Joey,
I've had my Voyager since 1/2006 on my 1993 GL-1500A and it has been trouble free:), I take care of the regular adjustments when the rear tire is changed and I check the hardware to make sure it is tight. I have a second generation unit with the original tires. At one point I had the unit on a 1999 Ultra Classic, while the Wing was getting new tires.
The Voyager allows the bike owner to trade their bike in for something newer and not loosing the resale value. I have heard about people who have used off brand trike kits and didn't recoup as much money as they thought they would have when they sold the trike (this is why you buy kits from established trike kit manufacturers); they would have a better resale value with a Voyager.
I tell anyone who wants a trike but doesn't have a lot of $$$ to purchase a Voyager or maybe they are interested in buying a trike but don't want to fork over big $$$ for something they may not like:(. I also let them know that the Voyager goes with them onto their next bike with 'model specific' mounting hardware and this is something you cannot do with a regular trike.
I believe that you will like the Voyager:yes: and be very pleased with it.

Well going to have to wait until Saturday to pick up the bike due to the weather. Should be sunny in the high 60's..... We have been having
rain the last few days and there talking some snow... Crazy Colorado
weather.

Hi Hoss

I checked into the toe-pac ( IT2 Model b) and the one for my Honda VTX 1300R is attached to the frame of the bike. The down side if I was to change bikes I was limited to about 5 bikes to where I can use the pac on another
bike... At least with the voyager it was more then doubled

I've used the same Voyager 'B' model on a 1999 Ultra Classic while the Wing was getting a new set of tires. The only thing I had to purchase was a set of model specific mounting hardware. The 'B' model Voyager fits many bikes and may cost more but it's a better deal :yes:. The good part is that there is always someone who has model specific hardware in the garage on a shelf and willing to sell it :yes:.
You made the right choice when you selected the Voyager ;) (My opinion).
Enjoy the ride.
Sincerely,
Trike Lady
:)

The Voyager looks better and the tire size is bigger. Almost looks like a trike. See pictures of mine in my album. IF I had only about $3,500 to spend so I could still ride a big bike I would go the Voyager route again. You will probably never loose more than 1/2 your investment when you decide to sell it. That is a pretty good deal.

i have over 18000 miles now on my voyager kit, it is on a 2000 gl 1500 se, i have absolutely no problems with it and it has always handled well. the only drawback to it is it restricts the saddlebag opening.

True it does restrict the opening of the saddlebags, it does look more like a trike and less like training wheels. I met a gentleman not too long ago who purchased the Insta-trike for his GL-1500 and when he had seen my Wing with the Voyager he wished he would have gotten the Voyager instead. Mine won its share of trike trophies :yes: :eek:hyes: when I placed it in shows in the past years. My Wing still receives complements when people see it. I got used to the fact that some items have to be squeezed into the saddlebags or that I may have to take some groceries out of the plastic bag and rearrange things a little.
Thank you,
Trike Lady
:wave4:

Well I am going to have to wait one more day to pick up the bike. High 50's with change of thunder storm.. Don't fell like riding 125 miles wet!

Sunday's weather sunny high 60s....

I am ready will post pics as soon as I can.

I had him put on

Tombstone lights, Fender shields and the 120# 14 inch low profile aluminum wheels...

Sometime down the line I would like to get a Trunk ( need luggage rack first)
and maybe some hard saddlebags from mutazu.

Some people like them some dont...They are not expensive..
MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back