Tri-Glide vs Champion vc CSC

I tested three trikes in the past few weeks. The first was an 2006 electra-glide with a champion straight axle. Handled ok up to speed but still had a hard ride. Next i drove a brand new 2013 Tri-Glide, I thought it was a hand full to steer at low speed and wasn't much better at higher speed. Had to slow more than i would like to in the turns. But just seemed like a lot of work to drive. Loved the way it ran and sounded... It's a Harley.

Next i test drove a 2006 Goldwing with a CSC Trike kit with independent suspension. WOW what a difference in the ease of driving and i was driving thru the corners much faster. I drove it for over 200 miles with no fatigue. I think at has to do with the longer wheelbase and 6" wider than the champion and the Tri-Glide. The passenger seat is much further forward of the rear axle than the Tri-Glide or the Champion. I would really love to test ride a Harley Davidson Ultra Glide with the CSC kit with independent Suspension. If it rides like that Goldwing did I would order one in a minute. Just cant seem to find one locally to drive.

Don't know about the Ultra Glide ride, but we have a 2008 GW 1800 CSC with IRS, and we think it is just about perfect! We have about 30k wonderful miles on it with no problems, it's comfortable even for 10-12 hour rides, easy on gas and tires. Can't do any better - can you?

Your going to get many opinions. My 07 Road Glide with a Champion keeps me happy. Once you get the tire pressure and shocks that you like its a different ride. I personally like the narrow rearend and the shorter wheel base for the looks. As they say to each his own. CSC makes a mighty fine conversion. You also might want to look at the Roadsmith.

I just love my CSC conversion! IMO, the ride and handling are superior because of the IRS and the wheelbase/width. With the conversion, I was able to do a lot of customizing, and had some engine work done, for less than the cost of a new TriGlide using my bike for a trade-in. Have fun and good luck!

A little distance from you but UNB Customs has an Ultra Classic with a Roadsmith which will compair in lenght to the CSC. They are near Charlotte and a Vendor on this site, just click their link and go to trikes for sale.

They did my trike.

I tested three trikes in the past few weeks... Next i drove a brand new 2013 Tri-Glide, I thought it was a hand full to steer at low speed and wasn't much better at higher speed. Had to slow more than i would like to in the turns. But just seemed like a lot of work to drive. Loved the way it ran and sounded... It's a Harley...

As an owner of a 2011 Tri Glide I was surprised to read your "hand full to steer at low speed and wasn't much better at higher speed" comments. I know that there will always be different opinions about this stuff, but with my TG I had no problems at low or high speed from the first test drive before buying it. I don't know if it had to do with owner putting some miles on it & getting the shock & tires pressures set at a good pressure or what. I have just had no problems with low or high speed turns. I even related a story on this site about toying with a friend of a friend on a new CVO, I smoked him in the turns so often that he would not even talk to me and at the last stop he went and sat at his own table!!! :wave4:

Converted my HD Street Glide using the CSC Daytona conversion kit. I'll never go back!! My wife and I went to Sturgis and rode the Tri Glide (we couldn't believe how unsettling that ride was), Rode the Road Smith, Motor Trike and HD/CSC Trike. I was offered a ride on a Goldwing/Motor Trike conversion but my legs don't bend well enough to get my foot to the brask, so I didn't ride it but it looked beautiful. It was the tuffest dission I ever made, but so glad I did, Best of luck on your dission and Ride Safe!! One more think,,,Compare CSC and TriGlide braking systems???

I say it's a slam dunk for CSC! The advantages and comfort outweigh the price difference. If I ever pay to have a conversion done, it will be a CSC....but I am kind of a DIY guy with PTSD and ADHT.:D

As an owner of a 2011 Tri Glide I was surprised to read your "hand full to steer at low speed and wasn't much better at higher speed" comments. I know that there will always be different opinions about this stuff, but with my TG I had no problems at low or high speed from the first test drive before buying it. I don't know if it had to do with owner putting some miles on it & getting the shock & tires pressures set at a good pressure or what. I have just had no problems with low or high speed turns. I even related a story on this site about toying with a friend of a friend on a new CVO, I smoked him in the turns so often that he would not even talk to me and at the last stop he went and sat at his own table!!! :wave4:

Some folks take right to the Triglide and others take a little bit of time before they settle in. I took right to the Triglide, never had a complaint about the handling or the ride. This isn't the 1st time I've had someone make the comment about the TG being a handful. The manager at the Honda dealer I traded my 2010 Triglide into took it on a ride the following weekend after I picked up my 2012 Gl1800. I was chatting with him a few weeks ago after I road a 2012 GL1800 equipped with a Hannigan kit. He mentioned when he took my old Triglide he was scared of it, he made the same comments about it being a handful. He said once he got some miles under his belt he felt better, he also liked the way it ran from the cams I had installed.

Metal Bender,
What's a Goldwing with a CSC trike kit?...is it a kit bike, and did you build it yourself ?

Lboos, see pictures of our 2008 GW1800 CSC on my profile and hubby's (Scalp Hunter). We are very proud of it, and, yes, we bought it direct from the dealer who triked it! John added all the bling! We will be at the rally if you want to see it in person.

Lboos, see pictures of our 2008 GW1800 CSC on my profile and hubby's (Scalp Hunter). We are very proud of it, and, yes, we bought it direct from the dealer who triked it! John added all the bling! We will be at the rally if you want to see it in person.

WOW! "That is beautiful"pepper,..... act. I was just yanking Metal Benders chain,... sometimes I get so tired of some folks whining about how bad Harley tri-glides are [they make to much noise, to loud, they steer to hard, to hot] and their just not near as good as a Goldwing, but it's just a few:Shrug:.
I would love to see your bike, the pic. is outstanding, a real show bike.
Thanks for showing it.....I WANT ONE LIKE ITThumbUp.

I'm a Harley guy, owned a slew of them, have a 2012 Street Glide sitting in garage now, but I've owned four trikes, three GW's and a new TG...
Hate to admit it but for a trike platform the Goldwing can't be touched. We have had two California Sidecar kits and one Champion kit on Goldwings, current trike is the wife's 2007 wing with a CSC kit installed.
The wing has so much more power and torque, she can be in 5th at 35 MPH, handling is great due to the 59" wide rear and 4.5 degree rake front trees...
I've been to the CSC factory in Va, impressive to say the least, test road a 2007 Ultra with the Daytona kit, Sa-Weet! Having owned a TG ( 2010) I would love to have a Ultra with the Daytona kit...the rear belt is massive and the IRS makes for a smooth ride...plus it looks very nice to me, but we all have different likes....
The only thing I dislike about the wing is the foot position for the driver, it really hurts my knees and hip...feet right underneath you isn't comfortable for me on long trips...and the wife will not ride two wheels anymore, so two bikes for us...

Test ride all ya can...but CSC doesn't allow self installs, Champion does..

I have the CSC Kit on my 05 Ultra, no issues on the ride, wish you were closer I would let you try it out, and if you liked it you could take it home with ya.....LOL. (For a small Fee that is).

Put the lift brackets from Dennis's " Tri Glide Stuff " , on the Harley tri glide and the steering becomes very easy and the bike is more level, you will enjoy the ride.

I have a 2009 TG and I find it a very stable trike to ride and don't find it a handful to ride. I am not a very good judge as I have only ridden 1 other trike and it was an Ultra Classic with a DFT conversion kit.

I have a 2009 TG and I find it a very stable trike to ride and don't find it a handful to ride. I am not a very good judge as I have only ridden 1 other trike and it was an Ultra Classic with a DFT conversion kit.

Pretty soon you'll get to ride a Goldwing which has been Hanniganized:D.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back